JayS, AWD, Political Crew: Why do we cap SS tax?

lol i thought my exaggeration would be apparent, i dont think people are living in mud huts in the quad

I’m all for a totally fair tax on anyone making 50% above the poverty level. It would require the rich to pay an asston more in taxes every year though.

I’m not asking for my taxes to get lowered, even though that would be great. I just think that its unfair for this select group of people to pay percentagly less in taxes because of a republican tax system. Why should more of what YOU make go to the government than that of a board member of a big company?

Why should the board member be forced to pay into something that there is ZERO indication they will ever qualify for, or use?

Because it’s your responsibility as a human being to help your fellow man.

Is a system that enables non-handicapped people to spend their entire lives on welfare really helping anyone? :eyebrow:

Does that “responsibility” only apply to to those of us willing to work?

Are the “strong” obligated to help the “weak”? If so, don’t we have to first eliminate the words “We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal” from our declaration of independence, as we are nullifying one of the principles that our entire governmental system is based on?

I proposed something that would eliminate the “lifers” and everyone jumped all over me :gotme:

Because it wouldn’t have done anything to get rid of them.

Make food stamps only good for Mountain Dew and Hot Pockets. That’ll either motivate them to get a job or kill them from high cholesterol. Brilliant.

Gov’t already tried that route, it backfired. Crack FTL.

Yeah, but they marketed that just to inner city poor black people. We need crack 2.0, now for all poor people.

Everyone can get SS, regardless of your income, its just that SS percentage stops getting collected after about 87k dollars of your income, thats an insignificant amount to claim when your a millionaire . As for ever bothering to use it, do you use medicare? or medicaid? Probably not, but you still pay for it. Wheres your logic? A lot of us are paying for services that we’ll probably never use but we still HAVE to pay for it, so why not board members? Why should they get off when WE (that includes everyone here) have to pay for it.

meth, it’s crack for poor white people!

lol :word:

:lol: This thread is such a clusterfuck it’s astounding.

Democrat: “I think we should help poor people get educated and off welfare.”
Republican: “You think we should give free education to anyone who smokes crack? I don’t think we should give free education to crack smokers.”
Democrat: “You heartless bastard! You’d probably tell your own grandmother to get a job if she ran into medical bills she couldn’t afford.”
Republican: “Of course some people need help. I just don’t think we should reward people for smoking rock. People need to earn their way”
Democrat: :bloated:
Republican: :bloated:

God bless politics.

I hope to some day be an eccentric millionaire so that I can run for public office on the NYSpeed ticket promising Mountain Dew in every cupholder, tint as dark as you can make it, exhaust as loud as you can stand, and pancakes and bacon for breakfast lunch and dinner.

lol, dawt.

Alright Joes, share your opinions of Private SS accounts… yay or nay, and why?

Let everyone take care of their own interests.

Yay, but only after passing some sort of investment test so all the poor people wouldn’t invest their SS in Nascar Commemorative Plates and Beenie Babies.

Fixed for Joe’s true feelings.