Jeep Commander

A friend of mine just picked up a 2007. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. Pros or cons. Besides the shitty gas mileage.

I’ve looked on a couple sites for some reviews for her, but there’s not that many. Just wondering if any of you knew how they stand up compared to other suv’s. Do they have any known problems? Stuff like that. Thanks.

My buddy bought one at work, he loves it

It’s a very comfortable ride, I have no complaints

Very nice interior, looks to be “higher” quality

apparently these were one of the few vehicles that Daimler had a say in the desgn process… based on the G wagon.

Its a Jeep…about as reliable as an old Jag.

She bought it, and is now looking for reviews on it? Did I miss something?

Well she looked at an '06 Explorer, and an '06 Trailblazer. She went with the '07 Jeep because it had less miles, was cheaper, and roomier. She didn’t look into other things. So she asked me to find some shit out. I kind of talked her into the jeep because of the great experience my parents had in the past with jeeps, but I don’t know anything about this model.

junk.

great choice given the cost of gas

Haha, I was thinking that as well.

+2

I drove an '08 for about a week to and back from Boston…

It drove pretty well, the size was decent, mileage was about what I’d expect out of it; hauled a load in the back pretty well (Had 700+#s of steel tooling in the back/on the back of the 3rd row). Only issue I had was the layout of the dash I was not super impressed with. I’m 6’3", and I sit fairly far back, and even with my long ass arms I had to lean forward to mess with the radio and heater/cooler controls.

Overall a decent vehicle, but I personally, wouldn’t buy one.

Why would you talk someone into a vehicle you know nothing about?

Seriously that sounds like something you would do

consumer reports actually rates the 07 as a really decent model, surprisingly enough

edmunds does not necessarily feel the same way. neither do i, after seeing my fellow counselors’ ride. cars aren’t really the kinda thing you just wing like that. online research is free, y’know…

Wasn’t my money. :gotme:

stupidity.

Decent vehicle though.

Hey guys, I was just asking about the vehicle. Not a lecture. Wasn’t my purchase. She test drove all 3 before deciding. Just didn’t do research on the Jeep.

i like mine.

Big, heavy, lousy gas mileage. For driving in snow and slop it has arguably the best four wheel drive system available. Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive II use the NV245 transfer case which has an active clutch over a center differential. Makes for very nice and balanced traction. Has the road manners of an open center diff but the ability to lockup fully unlike a viscous or a torsen.

No, you asked a question, we gave you an answer. Don’t take it personally since we are all aware that you did not buy the vehicle, pass it on to your friend if she was so interested to learn more about her purchase.