jennings northeast speed

Youre not going to get 9K for it, thats just unrealistic and it will not sell for that price. Unless you either drop the price and take a hit, or swap motors and get cash then sell for a lower price you are going to have a very difficult time. Having a car that you put money into just sit there is doing it no good, take it out on a cruise and enjoy the damn thing. Just because you take it out doesnt mean you have to be beating the balls off the thing as to where youre going to break parts.

And he’s losing money just letting it set (credit card interest)

PJB, just sell it, take the hit, and move on. Many of us have had to do it before. I can’t be more truthful than saying that you’d literally have to find someone with a legally recognized mental disability to get 9K for it.

most of the time when it broke I was just driving it normally. I blew the headgasket(s) on the way to work.

One thing is for sure- Ill never own a project car or something thats not mostly stock again. Not worth it.

n00b tech 101

The converter would never be locked at full throttle anyway. The “torque converter” does just that. The slip causes the RPM of the engine to be higher than that of the input shaft of the trans converting RPM into torque. Thus why a high stall converter car will always dyno with low HP and high torque. HP is torque multiplied by RPM. The slip of the converter acts like a lower gear ratio reducing output RPM and multiplying the torque reversing the equation.

In all if this were a manual it probably would have dynoed closer to 400/450 than 300/550
The advantage of the auto with such an inefficient torque converter is that it will keep the engine in its most optimal range much like a CVT.

Headgaskets usually dont just go under normal driving conditions.

well mine did.
I got on the thruway and the car started smoking bad. I wasnt beating on it at all then.

That was on the way up to LG right?

no, on the way to work.
LG was the year before when it was overheating.

Ahh

Im sure not having a working fan didnt help but that was nearly a year later that the gaskets blew.

shits weak either way

got em

yeah, my car sucks. Known fact.

Good stop talking about it

This^

you guys talk about it as much as I do

thats because we get sucked into the black hole lol

apparently.

STOP

double post

hammer time.