Jimmy Fallon Officially the next Late Night host

To succeed Conan when Leno retires next year.

The appointment of Fallon, long considered a leading contender for NBC’s 12:35 a.m. time slot, completes a talent shuffle set in motion when the General Electric Co-owned network announced in 2004 that Leno would retire from “Tonight” in 2009 and that O’Brien would replace him.

One of the very few recent SNL alums that might actually have some comedic talent. IMO

Discuss…

good for him

I say it’s a good choice.

Way better than some of the people that were rumored to be contenders for the spot.

Not a fan, but I never watch Late Night anyways.

So, is Conan taking Leno’s spot?

Leno isnt really retiring. They are not renewing his contract…but thats off-topic…Better than Carson Daly…Go jimmy

beats the hell out of Carson Daly

Better than Carson but I’m still not a fan of Fallon. He might do better as a talk show host though :gotme:

Horrible. Fallon is an idiot.

def better then carson, i think fallon will do well

:word:

I can’t stand that hack. Conan Ruled

edit: in case you need proof :smiley:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00074CBIS.01.SCLZZZZZZZ.jpg

as a real person i dont think he will be as bad as TAXI good god

the monolouge and sketches they will do will be like SNL

I don’t like Fallon, nor can I think of any particular performance of his that I like…

However - Late night host is a helluva lot different then stand up, or C rate movies.

I think he’ll do “alright”, and it sure as hell is better then Carson Daly.

we should just hold judgment i think til he does it

:tup: i like jimmy fallon

FUCK THAT, HANG EM HIGH. THIS IS THE iNTERNETZ

lc

lol

I think he’s actually going to be pretty good.

I was kinda hoping Jimmy Kimmel would jump ship to NBC and replace Conan.

while that would be kinda cool… i just cant see kimmel doing a “real” talk show slot on one of the majors. Too much of a liability.

Fallon did a skit on SNL with Justin Timberlake where they were the Bee Gee’s… amazing performance. Other than that I’ve never really found him that funny. Maybe he’ll be good interviewing people though. Conan taking Leno’s spot is going to be awesome though.