JJ or anyone else. i need help not shure what this is

I was just out looking at my car and under the seating colum at the underpart of the dash on the drivers side there is a strange orange fluid looks like it ran down it is not wet or anything looks like its been there for a bit was not there when i panied my dash anyone know what that could be ? powder stearing fluid? i dont drink in my car so cant be pop if it is the powder stearing fluid how hard will the powder searing line be to change or would i have to change the whole power stearing pump? and around how much would a garage charge me to change the line / pump?

Please i really need help figureing out what the hell happend or what the hell this is

what color is your antifreeze? you may have a leaky heater core.

the antifreeze is green. and would it be coming out of the bottom of the stearing colum where the bottom dash part is looks like it ran right down the middel of it

smell sweet?

Its dry so has no smell what so ever

This is a 2000 cavalier if anyone was wondering.

no , usually if the heater core is leaking it leaks on the passenger side. are you the original owner? if not maybe someone spilled a drink or something on the dash and it ran down there and dried.

if it’s dry don’t worry about it.

maybe rust !call me 1-800-680-2959 brian or jim:kekegay:

you are saying under the steering column and it looks dry? I have that same stuff and it is a lubricant. Have you screwed with the steering wheel its self at all? I know when i was hooking up my toyota tail lights a couple weeks ago I got that shit all over my hands when I was working on the column getting to the signal harness.

Also why is your coolant green if its a 200, you should have the orange dexcool stuff.

changed cause orange sucks

why, if you don;t mind me asking. I have read the “reports” about extra corosion but it always seems to be vehicle specific in the reports.

:dunno:

makes gaskets leak,turns into sand!

well thats interesting. :eek4:

u’ll see.head will leak at the block!

i wasn’t doubting you. Just saying that it is interesting…

you are saying under the steering column and it looks dry? I have that same stuff and it is a lubricant. Have you screwed with the steering wheel its self at all? I know when i was hooking up my toyota tail lights a couple weeks ago I got that shit all over my hands when I was working on the column getting to the signal harness.

Also why is your coolant green if its a 200, you should have the orange dexcool stuff.

Yea i messed with the stearing colum to get hte plastic part around the hub off to get it painted and put back on.

Also the coolant is a new brand used for all types of coolant mixxes with anything you got i cant recall the brand name when i took it to pepboys for a oil change they did a whole system flush but dont think they messed with the power stearing

damn dude, change your own oil :blue: