Joe Basil Chevrolet - Caprice with lights

We have sold a bunch of these already and this is the first we have been able to keep and put our lights on as a demonstrator. The car hauls ass and looks good too now that it has the lights.

I just took this with my phone so excuse the cinematography…
Explore DAVID BASIL

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/TORQDSS/th_Capricewithlights.jpg

Would someone embed this thing for me? I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Check out more on www.buffalocaprice.com. That is our official dealership page with all the details.

So which towns/cities have bought them? Now that would be useful information

NYS Troopers bought most of them so far but you will be seeing several around Erie County. I won’t say exactly who since they are not on the road yet.

Due they leave the Joe basil sticker on the side.

Your spelling is always so atrocious.

What a teaser pic lol.

Most of the time i am on my phone. It not worth trying to fix it.

Fair enough I suppose. Were you on your phone when you wrote your sig?

Are there restrictions against selling them to private security firms?

Did Chevy get lazy and give it a 2004 Malibu rear end?

Edit: Nevermind, the faux chrome strip is under the trunk keyhole, not above. Very clever Chevy, very clever.

I’ve known about this for awhile. It’s nice to see that they’re finally gonna be around here.

I would really like the G8 to come back as a Chevy. I know this cop Caprice is similar but isn’t it modeled after a Holden with a longer wheelbase than the G8 was?

Like the Holden Statesman or something?

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

You mean Impala? The back end looks so boring.

I’m glad they chose to keep the g8 platform alive under the caprice name, but did they really need to change the back end and turn is into an Impala imposter? how boring and lame…

I think it’s actually modeled after a car with a longer wheelbase man.

If I had time I would look it up, but I don’t.

It is a different body than the G8 because it is longer but it does have many G8 parts like suspension, engine, trans etc.
G8:
wheelbase 114.8
width 74.8

Caprice:
width: 74.8
wheelbase: 118.5

They look tiny… horrible pic btw

Thanks for the info. When is GM bringing back the G8 as a Chevy? lol

If it looked good, I would probably be first in line.

What are they governed at, speed wise

why does that matter? radios are faster than cars/bikes

You might be faster than a cop car, but you’ll never be faster than a Motorola.

As far as speed goes they are a going to be a great 0-100 car but they are relatively heavy so there won’t be any 200mph runs coming out of them.