Joe Biden

Heaven and hell do not exist. I won’t being going anywhere for posting this.

http://godlesspatriot.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/bible_fiction1.jpg

Really? Maybe YOU should read up a little bit more about the Bible before insulting MY FUCKING INTELLIGENCE. :rofl:

Slavery

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.’ If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God…it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation…it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts." Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America

There is not one verse in the Bible inhibiting slavery, but many regulating it. It is not then, we conclude, immoral." Rev. Alexander Campbell

Earth Being Flat:

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Job 38:13
That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

There are plenty of us who do not consider the Bible to be fiction. The life of Jesus is well documented in other sources, some aspects being disputed, but his life and existence.

I do not propose that the Bible is taught in school in any way, but I don’t like seeing evolution taught either.

If Evolution is true, which ethnicity is the “least evolved”? And why do species stop at such distinct levels? Why don’t we have partway evolved animals more often, and why don’t I see ANY people that look partially like primates?

It has plenty of holes in it as well, kids need to learn about banking and history, and not through the rose-colored lense that those subjects are taught today.

Even though I’m a Christian, we don’t actually disagree on separation of church and state. I just don’t see how we can justify teaching anything about the origins of man in public schools. It is a subject of major debate, it’s not like gravity or algebra.

The way history is taught in public school is screwed up enough, people need to stop wasting time arguing about stupid subjects like this. We should throw both theories out of the classroom, and spend our energy fixing the lies that are taught in history and some of the other subjects.

Do you really need a lesson on the use of “four corners” and “ends of the earth” and their use in language? Perhaps I was too gentle when referring to your intelligence.

Because verses in the Bible regulate certain aspects of slavery, doesn’t mean it condones it. The Bible did not outline the setting up of the practice of slavery, it merely set certain rules around the practice that already existed.

Kind of like the Constitution of this country…just a long time beforehand. Should we scrap the whole Constitution because it was written at a time when slavery was legal, and black people were only considered 3/5 of a person?

are you saying people aren’t primates?

:rofl:

I guess I used the wrong word, didn’t realize that humans were considered primates.

Now when you get a chance to stop laughing, show where I can find some half-evolved apes that look partly like humans.

While I’m out trying to educate myself, perhaps you could obtain a globe and show me where exactly the four corners are, take a pic and post.

Because verses in the Bible regulate certain aspects of slavery, doesn’t mean it condones it. The Bible did not outline the setting up of the practice of slavery, it merely set certain rules around the practice that already existed.

That might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen posted on this forum that wasnt in a post made by Cutty. The Bible certainly didnt set up murder, but it abolishes that. This book is supposed to have come down to man FROM GOD, to teach us how to live our lives. So if it DOES NOT abolish slavery, OBVIOUSLY it condones it. I mean are you fucking serious? Thats a level of stupid I’ve never heard from you. I must say I’m impressed.

Kind of like the Constitution of this country…just a long time beforehand. Should we scrap the whole Constitution because it was written at a time when slavery was legal, and black people were only considered 3/5 of a person?

Constitution: living document, written by man, never reinterpreted, designed to be able to change with the times and be AMENDED.

Bible: non-living document, written by “god”, handed down to man in a time when the only way to really recount something like this would be through word of mouth. It’s been revised, reinterpreted countless times over thousands of years. Like a 2000 year long game of telephone.

Lol @ your Christianity. God can suck a fat wad of my cum right out of the Virgin Mary’s asshole.

http://www.naturalfamilyblog.com/Jesus%20Christ%20Teacher%20and%20Savior.jpg

Don’t play dumb. you thought obama
http://morristsai.com/blogpics/ObamaMonkeyTShirt-thumb-400x220.jpg

darkstar - do you really think you can rationalize with a religious person?

wow and wow

old man speaks the truth.

hadn’t intended to. pwnage was all I had in mind.

bible written by many people . i dont trust all of it.

i don’t want to get involved… but no.

well obviously thats not true, but that’s what Christians claim it to be.

What I find funny is the people supporting it are sitting here having a typical discussion where as the non-supporters like to attack in their remarks.

Besides If you want to get technical Mike, half of what you quoted fall under the old covenant which did not apply to modern era (aka AD).

Just throwing that out there since you seem to know enough.

:rofl:

I love it when people try and pick and choose which parts of the bible is “pertinent”.

It’s not “pertinent” it’s clearly explained why, If you’re so intent on proving everyone wrong it wouldn’t take much to go read up to try ;).

You obviously don’t know as much as you think you did about the subject, then again I can google bible verses all day long as well.

Well perhaps you could fill me in then, cause I have no fucking clue what you’re talking about. It’s in the Bible. The bible is divine. :blah:

You obviously don’t know as much as you think you did about the subject, then again I can google bible verses all day long as well.

I like how you’re criticizing me for WHERE I got them, as opposed to the verses themselves. Cause THATS the issue here. :rofl:

I read the Bible and believe what is in it. Kurt was trying to say that you can pull a few verses out of context and make them sound like something different from a book that covers as many topics and as long a time period as the Bible.

Darkstar didn’t actually open a Bible, he hit google and found a reliable source… evilbible.com

If you’d like to debate contradictions, that site is full of them. Take any verse it quotes (notice that it constantly changes which translation of the Bible it chooses to use) and read the full passage in King James or New International and see if you still like that site as a source.

Here’s some other unbiased work from that site…
“Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock.” Psalms 137:9 NAB

Not only is their grammar questionable…it’s actually a complete distortion of the actual verse. That one verse is part of a larger section, and that line quotes the values of the Israelite’s captors, who are shown as evil in that same passage.

Feel free to read the entire chapter, Psalm 137, and you will see how easy it is to take things out of context and distort the meaning.

If you had a serious interest and wanted to know more, I would gladly talk with you about the Bible and the alleged contradictions that you see within it. It is not something I take lightly however, and I don’t see anything constructive coming from your comments and the google verse cherry picking so I will not continue this on here.

Which happens on both sides of the coin. Any service I attend where the words, “What this means is” are spoken about a verse by the priest/minister/whatever… is the ticket for me not to be back to that church. Which happens all too often.

I believe in a higher being. I like the story of the bible and believe that if most religions have the same basic root, then there has to be something to it.
I’ve tried many different religions. No single one has worked for me, however bits and pieces of many combined have. I’ll attend a service here and there, but hate being told what their belief of the intent of any single passage is.

I’m just saying, it goes both ways. Words are spun easily to fit the ideals/views of anyone spitting out the verse. To interpret any passage in a book that’s been translated so many times… shit, you can’t even tell a story today and expect it to be exactly the same as you’d told it two days from now, in both meaning, and tone. And that’s when it stays in the same damn language you’d told the story in the first place.

I just read “Misquoting Jesus” by Bart Ehrman. Very interesting read by someone who should know what he’s talking about.

But, as mentioned, you can’t argue with the religious. They believe in their truth because that was what was taught to them. Until I get confirmation from Jesus himself… I’m not entirely sold.

so your christ is the “REAL” christ… all of the previous ones that date back way before yours & have the same or very similar story…they are all fake & your is real? how do you know all the “others” following another religion are going to your hell & your not going to theirs?

all i know is that if you wrote a book yrs ago & i released one today with the same or similar story…you would sue me…i guess i could just argue that mine is real & yours is not.