JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL

im jose illegal and joe legal at the same time. might be joe legal with both my gigs in '10 who knows

i work in the hill. they have nice cars for where they live, no doubt.

and about 5 kids too, 5 kids = 5 welfare checks = doing better than us.

Ok…waited long enough…but why blame the illegals? What about the douchebag farmers, business owners and all around cheap skates who hire the illegals?

But the companies hiring illegal’s are not completely to blame. Like mentioned, these people work their asses off to survive. If the work ethic of legal citizens were raised, maybe they could hold jobs better, or first of all even get hired! When I was 15 I started swinging a hammer and walking on roofs with my father on side jobs. I was the little 90lb skinny ass white kid with no tan and a tool belt falling off my 26inch waste. I got sunburned, cut up, smashed fingers and sore muscles alongside the other guys my dad works with. I found it fun at times trying to be like the bigger guys, and a major pain in the ass other times. Look at all your little brothers and sisters, I know my 15 year old sister doesn’t lift a finger other than texting a friend 10,000 times a month. The work ethic for the younger kids now a days either doesn’t exist or is very small. Same for younger adults, how many times do you see some kid with a handy cap sign hanging from his 22” out caddy? The walks into Wal-Mart and buys shit with an EBT card. FUCK YOU. Your back isn’t broken, why are you on work mans comp?

People take the easy way out, BOTTOM FUCKING LINE. Workers don’t want to work, business men cheat the system to get rich, business owners have to cheat it to hire people legal or not to work for nickels, government agencies sit on ass and don’t enforce the systems legalities for the hand outs they provide, everyone would just like to point the finger at the next guy and say… It isn’t my fault.

Until ALL of that takes a 180, we WONT have a better life.

The problem is they still hire them because they are cheaper, don’t have to be registered with the govt. which means the farmer/contractor/business owner doesn’t pay taxes on him etc. etc. this cycle will never end until we stop illegal immigration from these countries and promote being a u.s. citizen. But this wont happen because the govt gets to spend your money trying to plug up the leaks by arresting and deporting them. Talk about a fucking waste of money. It’s like the war on drugs in this country…fucking retarded.

… if I lived in mexico, I would do the same thing

+f’in1 my man.

I’m European, our general work ethic is CRAZY different than that of the average american who doesn’t know how good he’s got it. I’m a first generation immigrant, I know how tough it is. My parents started over twice in this country (moved here in 89, moved back to Ukraine in 92, moved back to the US in 93) and do quite well for themselves. All of their kids are college educated (except for my 23yr old sister who has learning disabilities - and who acts like your 15yr old sister - she can do lots of stuff, but doesn’t, and she uses her disability to her advantage). If half the US population had the ethic of the immigrant population (illegal or legal), we’d be better off as a country.

Good post. The war on many things is retarded. They won’t be able to stop half the stuff they are trying to stop, yet they keep throwing money at it.

How hard can it be to get a green card? Honestly. I am not trying to be a dick.

Very true. Like you said start at the root casue, keep them out. The farmers will have to work smarter not harder and figure out a way to get the job done with the lower ammount of employees they have or figure out a way to pay for more employees. Its a bussiness for a reason.

Props to you all for doing the right thing. More morals and ethics go along way right!

very hard… especially now days

It’s actually pretty damn hard. It’s even harder to get an immigrant Visa these days. Let me tell you a story.

I have a cousin in Ukraine who is trying to get into the US. His wife, is currently residing in the US, via greencard.

She was giving birth in September, and he was trying to get here for the birth on a temporary Visa and then go back. He went to the Kiev embassay 3 times and got rejected 3 times because “he couldn’t prove that he has enough socioeconomic ties to the Ukraine that would force him to return”. I even had our Congressmen look into this issue and contact Kiev (and they did because I got an email from Kiev stating that they were contacted by my politician).

Vladimir would go into the interview room, they would ask his name and why he wants into the US, and then denied him without anymore questioning. They were supposed to ask him for documentation of various things to backup his socioeconomic standing, etc. (the man owns 3 apartments, and 3 taxis totaling more than $100k - more than most Americans will ever own to their name in a lifetime). He was denied on the interviewers personal opinion of him, rather than the interview results.

He never got here. She gave birth. He won’t see the kid until the kid is at least 6 months old (or more) since you can’t fly with an infant until a certain time has passed. F’in BS. I was furious, but there is nothing you can do. The US doesn’t even have jurisdiction in it’s own fricken Embassy’s. Those people report to the Consul General and the Consul General only. The congressman’s office basically told me they can’t do much but monitor the situation to make sure all the laws are followed, and Kiev obviously has ways to make that happen without it actually happening.

EDIT: Also, he’s already on the list to get permanent residency in the US. I told this to the consul general when I spoke with him and basically told him, “Why the frick would he jeopardize a legal chance to be here by staying illegally?” Still didn’t make a difference. No is no to them and that’s it.

Neg rep me all you want, but if i knew a way to hire a good working jose i would in a heartbeat. Alot of the guys around here dont want to do shit for work and still get payed way more than they are worth.

That is true. So fire them. Find the next guy. If this country did this as a whole, instead of rewarding scum like that, we wouldn’t have this problem.

We had an intern here who I trained and worked with and he was more concerned with getting tail here than doing anything super productive (I think he nailed 7 of the ladies here :rofl). When I was an intern here, I busted my ass, and got hired on permanently and my salary was DOUBLED. I got more than the average rate for my position in our geographic area. He got let go and went to work for another company, where I hear he is also chasing tail.

No neg rep, Of course they work hard…they have to, to compete for jobs that there are 1000’s of app’s for. Jobs that we don’t want…like farm work, washing cars, wal-mart etc etc granted kids under 17 might want those jobs but that just makes them have to work harder. Which would be a good thing…

Great story first off Ilya.

Exactly my prior point. The younger crowd has a very poor work ethic, and low standards. Case and point, this kid just wanted ass, and didn’t think about doing his job. The tail he got in the office were probably, just as dumpy of an employee I bet. Like you said if you work hard, you WILL get what you deserve.

Yup. Which is why I came up with this idea. When I own a company some day, I will have a policy that states: If you think you can do my job better, go for it. The idea is this, I will allow anyone from the janitor to the CIO to attempt to do someone else’s job in my company for a week. If they can carry the weight and actually do it better than the person already in that position, I will pay them the weekly wage that other person makes. While the person in question gets docked down to what the other guy makes for the week. This idea does MANY things. It more or less keeps everyone honest in my organization. You can’t kick your feet up on the desk and sleep all day if you’re in some nice cushy office position. You cant just skate through an interview and get into a position, and not have a fucking clue how to do the work. Which make me have to fire and rehire, which wastes money and time. It also builds competition, and makes people step up their game. New ideas will be introduced, and your business will improve. How many times do you feel like you have a great idea or a fix to a problem but cant get a voice in the situation because of your low end position?

Don’t get me wrong…he worked…but I know there would be another kid just as eager to get the job that would have worked harder. I know I did. Maybe it’s because I work 7 miles from home and saw a perfect opportunity to get in while I could. He had to commute like 30 min, so maybe he came into this job thinking it was temporary? I dunno, all I know is that some people just don’t work to their full potential for whatever reason. And he was older than me (I just turned 22 this summer). I’ve been here for almost 4 years (May '10 will be my 4th year) and have been working in IT since I was a junior in highschool (worked for my school district).

IMO this is a bad idea. You do not want to create extra competition between your employees. The best solution I have used to promote work ethic is to push everyone to work as a team, working for each other to reach a common goal. I find it best to reward the team as a whole. If they meet the goal, they ALL get a reward, bonus, extra vaca time, etc. This makes the work environment more efficient and pushes them to work together. If someone is lagging far enough behind to drop the team to an inefficient level, that persons job position will go up for review.

As far as listening to what lower, mid and even high level employees have to say as far as the company goes. I find having a company wide meeting, including those employees, works very well. You are involving them, their managers, and upper level. Every one is able to give and take feedback, and use the information wisely.

We kinda do it the way 99FRC says…seems to work good.

Except when there is inter-office politics. Which I have yet to find a job that didnt have them. He wont tell you she is keeping the goal from being reached, becasue she is blowing the CIO. you now what I am talking about. For the examples where it is the higher ups bringing down the teams, you usually will not see someone up there, up for review… until shit hits the fan. It takes a VERY fair and honest CIO to have the balls to review his “best friends”.