Jon's 04 WRX JBP

Where to start! My first car was a 96 Impreza coupe (2.2 N/A auto :frowning: ). I bought it for $600 with blown headgaskets, rebuilt it and drove it for a little over a year. It had my XR-1 and a custom crafted short ram on it as well as a few minor aesthetic changes (RS hood, etc.). I found the XR-1 for $130 used btw, steal of the century! I brought it to the track, and it ran a consistant 17.3 every single time. dead on, should have bracket raced it. Anyway, so I sold that for $4,200 the day before I was going out to purchase this WRX (Timing was crucial here). I had saved all summer, I worked 25 hours at a retaurant in town that i’ve worked at for three years, 40 hours for the DMV (recently got laid off, bs), and 15 hours give or take with my dad. We fix up Scoobs and sell them, mostly outback wagons, etc. He’s a certified Subaru tech, works @ Goldstein.

Anyway, I went on a rant here. Bottom line is, I’m 18, I bought it a year ago. I purchased it myself (Dad loaned me $2,500, which I payed off in six months), I pay for everything that goes into it, whether it be modification or maintenance. I do all of the work myself with assistance from pops, and I’ve never had any assistance with insurance, reg, inspection, gas, etc. and I’ve never put a scratch on it. I take care of it religiously. Only problem is the classy individuals who feel the need to smash my car with their doors. I’m looking for a new rear drivers side door because theres a support beam right where my dents are, and I can’t get them pulled… needless to say I walk a 1/4 to work right now, 4 dents from that parkinglot is more than enough for me.

Yea, that 67 year old man is my hero. He put 110k miles on this car in four years, and before that he owned an 02 bugeye. What a champ!

I love them, they grip. A lot. They wear pretty quick, but what do you expect from the type of tire. Gotta make some sacrifices. I couldn’t be more happy with them. Hopefully they aren’t still back-ordered nationwide.