Jspec Tails installed

Well I got these done last night to, nice! Sorry guys no pictures yet but I did try to document the process so I will post them later. It was pretty straight forward with only a couple of small things to watch out for.

Time involved: approx 2.5hrs depending on how much beer you have on hand! :?

I have one issue and that is now my dash light is on when I turn my headlamps on showing a burned bulb. Nothing is burned out and all lights are working normally. I haven’t had any time to troubleshoot it but my first guess is that the new tails or new bulbs have a difference in resistance outside the circuits sensor range it uses to detect a failed light.

Updated Pic:

http://www.dconz.com/photos/300zx/New%20jspecs.JPG

The Jspec Taillight cluster is definately on my want list… have been for a couple years. But it’ll just have to wait, maybe next year…

The problem with buying expensive rims (last year) is I had to pass on many other items I wanted to get (jspec tails, blow-off valves, cross-drilled rotors, hardpipes, etc.) for the time being. Oh well, at least I got the rims I wanted. (my philosophy was do it right the first time).

I didn’t order the center panel, I just was not digging on the red but on your car it will match up nicely.

I think I am going to customize my current center panel somehow to make it different, ideas welcome!

There used to be a DIY kit advertised on tt.net to make your own glow panel (ie. so the “300ZX” is illuminated). That might be one option for you.

I thought of that but wasn’t sure how “disco” that would look, I think if I kept the light red it would be ok. I read those procedures a while ago. From what I remember it looked fairly easy to moderate on the mod scale.

How much did those tail lights cost you?

They are kinda expensive. About ~ $400 USD, or $600+ CDN, typically for the 3-piece kit.

I got both sides for $300USD hte center panel was +$90USD but I passed on it. It wasn’t like it was cheaper to buy it all together so I though I would add it later if I wanted. That was from UltimateZ. Oh ya add about $90 for shipping and duty depending on customs that day (seems to vary with each thing I order from the states)

Well I got these done last night to, nice! Sorry guys no pictures yet but I did try to document the process so I will post them later. It was pretty straight forward with only a couple of small things to watch out for.

Time involved: approx 2.5hrs depending on how much beer you have on hand! :?

I have one issue and that is now my dash light is on when I turn my headlamps on showing a burned bulb. Nothing is burned out and all lights are working normally. I haven’t had any time to troubleshoot it but my first guess is that the new tails or new bulbs have a difference in resistance outside the circuits sensor range it uses to detect a failed light.

Updated Pic:

http://www.dconz.com/photos/300zx/New%20jspecs.JPG

The Jspec Taillight cluster is definately on my want list… have been for a couple years. But it’ll just have to wait, maybe next year…

The problem with buying expensive rims (last year) is I had to pass on many other items I wanted to get (jspec tails, blow-off valves, cross-drilled rotors, hardpipes, etc.) for the time being. Oh well, at least I got the rims I wanted. (my philosophy was do it right the first time).

I didn’t order the center panel, I just was not digging on the red but on your car it will match up nicely.

I think I am going to customize my current center panel somehow to make it different, ideas welcome!

There used to be a DIY kit advertised on tt.net to make your own glow panel (ie. so the “300ZX” is illuminated). That might be one option for you.

I thought of that but wasn’t sure how “disco” that would look, I think if I kept the light red it would be ok. I read those procedures a while ago. From what I remember it looked fairly easy to moderate on the mod scale.

How much did those tail lights cost you?

They are kinda expensive. About ~ $400 USD, or $600+ CDN, typically for the 3-piece kit.

I got both sides for $300USD hte center panel was +$90USD but I passed on it. It wasn’t like it was cheaper to buy it all together so I though I would add it later if I wanted. That was from UltimateZ. Oh ya add about $90 for shipping and duty depending on customs that day (seems to vary with each thing I order from the states)