jun Polyurethane Foam Frame Kit

has anyone tried or heard of this on their cars? interesting to me

Elaborate.

What does it do?
What does it look like?
How much does it weigh?
How much des it cost?

The idea is that you fill your frame rails with the foam to increase chassis rigidity.
It works, but I don’t suggest doing it if you think you’re going to need to weld your frame rails ever…

Good thread on FA about Frame Rail foam…

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=162693

it stiffens your chassis. it cost 200 usd

Not sure if the old site database carried through to this one , but if you do a search for ‘Foam’ or ‘Ureathane’ and you’ll find a few detailed explanations, pricing and details on densities available locally.

how much does this stuff weigh though? i assume not much but are there numbers out there?

it identifies in the posts that the foam does not absorb water. They also identify that if water can get in, water gets out. Also, with the example that they made, it added an extra 10 lb roughly. I’d definitely do it. I’ve been wondering about it for a long time, rather that I was afraid about the moisture issue, especially for our climate.

urethane is hydrophobic, and bonds to the steel surface ( thats not covered with rust guard or oil ect. ), Again do a search for 'ureathane ’ every question your asking now is explained in detail, by me, at that time. I’ve been doing foam reinforcement in cars for literally decades.

here’s one of the links to information and tech. there are more.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=3453&highlight=ureathane

this would be a good thing to do after acid-dipping the chassis so you can clean the frame on the inside properly, then welding up all the various holes, then drilling a select few plug holes for the foam overflow in the correct size for popping new plastic plugs into after…

basically anyone who has a horror story regarding foam didn’t prep right… if you can’t afford to do it right don’t worry about the consequences

I assume you could use heat guns and pump the heat into the rockers (via holes) before you do the urethane infill. That way you could possibly dry out any kind of moisture on the interior before the infill.

Guess you missed that chemistry class

“urethane is hydrophobic, and bonds to the steel surface” …

Hydrophobic means,( in this case), that the material will push away any water it comes in contact with and will not absorb any water in the process. Of course like any body mod, you never do it to a dirty or wet chassis regardless. But what moisture ‘might’ be in your rocker or any box frame part will be pushed away… this assumes that the thermo chemeical reaction hasn’t evaporated all the moisture before hand.