Just another DIRECT TV rant

And so it begins…

The first time I want to watch my tv with my daughter because it is raining outside, I CAN’T BECAUSE THERE IS NO SIGNAL IN THE RAIN!!!

They came out THREE times to set up this POS system and now I can only watch tv on sunny days?!?!?
(The first lazy du-schnozzle wouldn’t even go on the roof so I had to mount the dish myself!!!)
Yeah, that’s what I like to do in good weather is sit inside and watch tv!
You have got to be kidding me!

I am glad I don’t have satelite internet because then I couldn’t rant here.:rant:

my dish has been fine :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you talked to Carbonfiberhooded?

i have direct tv and my dish is also fine in the rain

yeah man, something is wrong i never loose my signal with dtv, its on a cemented pole and rock steady. go check the dish settings and make sure your signal is strong.

If you installed the dish yourself, you probably don’t have an optimal signal or something is loose.

I typically don’t touch Direct stuff. I can, but would rather stay in my comfort zone with Dish Network.

PM 01audiS4. He’s the DTV dood.

I have directv and mine only goes out when a really severe thunderstorm is hitting. Other than that, my dish is rock solid.

Once I mounted the dish another DTV guy came out and adjusted it.
He laughed when I told him that the first guy wouldn’t go on the roof.
I think he thought I was BSing at first but then he just laughed and asked who it was.

only in extreme cases if my dish out. usualyl in the normal rain its not too bad unless its a downpour then it cuts in and out

pm me or 01audiS4 both of us work for DTV. I just got back from albany so i’m not doing shit tonight but tomorrow I could probably take a look at it if things still are not right.

That is 100% unexeptable. You should have called DirecTV as soon as that situation came up. I have never once have had my dish go out at all. It all has to do with it properly being installed. If your dish is going out it is likely aimed into a tree or mounted improperly. Is it into a rafter from when you mounted it?

Mine cuts out during rain as well. Twice in the last week.

When I look at the signal strength, what exactly am I looking for on that page? it mentions 32 transponders on the current satellite and it tested them all. 4 of the 32 are at 70% and the rest are at 97% or higher.

Mine goes out during heavy rain as well.

Our DTV wasnt getting local channels at all. Even if there wasnt even a cloud in site. So we called them and they wanted 80 bucks to come out and take a look at their own problem or we could spend 7 dollars a month for a PROTECTION PLAN and then it would only be $20 for them to come out. All the guy did was move the dish from our upstairs patio to the roof (where it should have been installed the first time) and all the channels have been great. Just once the channels went out but there was a bad storm.

<3 DIGITAL CABLE

Heavy clouds (like those with a T-storm) pwn the satellite signal. But they usually blow through pretty quick and your programming comes back (or you can just watch something on DVR).

If I worked for Time Warner I wouldn’t use their service and they give it for free to techs. The picture quality disgusts me.

Satellite > digital cable by a shit ton

haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha,thanks for the laugh this morning

rofl

Well, where digicable doesn’t suck ass, it’s pretty good :slight_smile:

I love cablevision!

i only lost signal on the HD stations, i got signal on the SD stuff

My DTV is fine except in SEVERE thunderstorms or if it’s covered in snow. Other than that, rock solid.