DirecTV issue at an apartment?

So I’m sitting here watching the Sabres game and then WHAM, the TV goes black and the sound cuts out.

I go to check my TV in the bedroom and it says “Searching Satellite 771” just like my living room TV says.

I sit here scratching my head and do a Signal Strength test to find that it is almost all 0’s for the Satellite 101’ whereas it is usually all numbers above 60!

On the building at the apartment the satellite dish is already on the building. They were wired for both DirecTV and TimeWarner cable. I believe that I own the two receiver boxes so I’m kinda confused.

Do I call the office to get them to check the satellite dish, or do I call DirecTV to come out? They charge $70 to just come out if you are at a residence…

Anyone familiar with how I go about getting this resolved?

Can you see the dish? It may have snow/ice on it. Otherwise, it probably got blown out of place by this crazy wind. Do you know of anyone else in your building with direct?

where is ur appt located bc my friend just had her dish go out too?

^
I think the two people I know have TimeWarner as their option.

Was it crazy windy? I know that a snow band just went over, but where I am I can never tell if it is windy at all.

I am running a signal test now and I get:

Satellite: 101’(A) Tuner: 1
1-8: 47 0 45 0 0 70 0 69
9-16: 0 0 0 0 0 72 22 72
17-24: 34 70 46 0 47 74 49 72
25-32: 48 42 46 58 36 72 22 54

Before it was all 0’s across the whole thing.

I still am not able to see any channels and it sits at 0% for searching for satellite after a reset.

Country Club Manor Apartments (Sheridan and Ayer)

those numbers are real shitty. your dish has stuff on it or its all whacked out. wind was in the 30’s MPH.

I’ve been here 8 months and I’ve never had any issues, even in the other windy days back in summer. It went out for a few minutes but always came right back…

This time it’s just toast. Do I call the apartment complex in the morning or go over them and call DirecTV? Who should pay for the satellite issue?

It has snow on it deal with it

weather is pretty shitty right now, shimmy your ass up there and clean it off…

If they give you Direct with your rent, its their problem. If you have a bill from DTV in your name, you’ll have to schedule the service. Or get in touch with one of NYSpeed’s resident DTV pros.

I had my signal drop out a bit around the same time, and as of yesterday my signal strengths averaged in the high 90’s on both the 101 and 119 sat. It’s just the snow/slush on the dish and the dense rain/snow clouds along with the wind that’s messing with reception.

yeah I was at applebees and the football game dropped, and I was happy because I don’t like football.

My direct tv went off during the gametoo

Working fine with TWC. lmao

I got DirecTV instead of TW because everyone here raved about it! If I knew that during the times that I’d want to just WATCH TV it wouldn’t work I’d have stuck with TW because that actually worked during storms and clouds and rain!

It’s aggravating as all hell to be stuck inside during a storm and then the TV doesn’t even work!

“DirecTV is awesome!” people say? WTF is wrong with you people??? :rofl:

the wet snow sticks to the dish… mine was out for a good 2 hours

Does that happen throughout the entire winter when snow accumulates on the dish???

mine barely goes out. problem with an apartment is location where ever the complex said the dish goes is where the dish goes.mine didnt even go out last night even if it does i throw snowballs at it

Typically it is the heavy wet slushy snow that sticks or fills in the dish. Usually waiting it out doesn’t take too long. Do you have a DVR?? Just watch something on there until your signal comes back.

Likely snow on the dish. Just go out and look at it. If your signal is still low after the snow is gone I can take a look at it for you. Also when the dish is completely dry, and it being dry is key, you can spray the dish with spray silicone to keep the surface slick and prevent snow from sticking.