Just bought a waveruner...

Now I’m curious, what do I need to know about riding? Especially along the Allegheny river? I know about getting licensed already, but is there anything else specific? Any words of advice or heads up? Let me know, thanks.

The Allegheny is disgusting. That’s about it. Lol.

Is it your first time riding?

In this state, yes.

allegheny is much cleaner than the mon

My only advide would be do not dick around with boats, especially when they are pulling someone. I am sick and tired of being followed around by people on waverunners, who think that my wake is fair game no matter what the situation is. I’m sure you already know that though.

It’s not a law, but on those things I stay 200 feet away from everything. No brakes and needing to stop fast FTL.

I disagree.
Mon pools upriver are much nicer than Allegheny. Up around 10-mile, the Mon is just beautiful. Been as far as Brady’s Bend on the Allegheny and water has always been more muddy. It’s nice further north than that but not really navigable in a motorboat.
Not just that, but after most storms that pass through both origination points, look at the tip of the Ohio and see where the muddy brown water is coming from, and see where the more clear / less-silty water is coming from.
Muddy= Allegheny.
I always though the Mon was worse growing up because of the industry and the fact that we docked in an Allegheny pool.
Now that I live south of the city, I’ve found that the Mon, once you get past Elizabeth especially, is much nicer IMHO.

x2345657586987654356

:bsflag: dyingwish & I dock in Bunola on the MON and its not dirty at all

oh yeah, of course. i have the whole common sense thing down :wink:

law is 100ft. your age will determine if you need to get a boaters license. at the very least, spend the ~$20 and get the license if you are unsure. you can take the exam online.

make sure to watch for stuff floating in the river…it will be much easier to suck something up and damage the boat. always wear a vest, etc…

all operators of a PWC regardless of age as of a few years ago must have a boaters safety certificate

all boaters i believe is 1984 and younger must have one regardless of jetski or boat

That’s right, I think the law on whether or not you need a boater’s license was changed to this just a few years ago.

yup… we partied there all weekend… really really nice out there!