Just measured my lot and it's 165' Deep.Taxes say 111'.Anyway to change this?

Often wonder about this and I found a tape measure and set out on my mission.I had often wondered as I can fit 5 cars end to end in my driveway+ my house+ the backyard.Should I bother w/ changing this or leave alone?Don’t want to play w/ taxes as they are already $12K a yr,but if I do go to sell should make a huge difference.
What do ya’ll think?
D

I dont know but Im about to bid on a 2 acre lot and Im scared to find otu what the property tax will be because of where its at :ohnoes:

As long as there is no building on it will be pretty cheap.
D

$12,000 A YEAR?
You pay $1000 a month in taxes?
Where do you live?
How wide is your lot?

If they find out it is bigger you will pay more so don’t say anything.

I have 15 acres in East Aurora and pay aboot $1200 a year.(not $12,000)

Man that’s alot of money…

I would be more concered with what the SURVEY shows. Did you measure from the curb/street? The town may own some of what you think is your lawn near the street.

my buddy’s dad who lives over by knox pays something like $14k/year

Yup,Grand Island,250ft on the water.If the house was in Amherst it would be minimum $25k a yr for taxes.We looked at a house in Amherst they were asking $879,000 for and the taxes were $32K a yr.Sweet house tho.
I think I will leave well enough alone tho. and not say anything.I am happy about the size though.
D

Thats the ticket right there, what does your property survey say. Regardless of how much lawn youve been cutting, or where your driveway is, if the survey sayst hat you don’t own it, you don’t. Many times houses are built before anything else is around, and they end up building accidently on neighbors property, but eventully some day that neighbor builds a house, and someone sees that a driveway or pool was built on thier property. And they are entirely in thier legal right to have it torn up, cause it the survey that determines who owns what. I would get with the town and look at your last survey, that will explain exactly whats yours, and where it is measured from.

:wstupid:

He’s right.

In this case it wouldn’t matter.Side to side I agree but not front to back.Behind me is the Niagara river and in front a street.What it has to be,is one corner cuts in a little which must be where they measured it.That is about 150 feet away though.
D

the survey map will tell all, mabe when they built the road the put it in the wrong spot, but you still don’t own the land, the town of GI does, or mabe someone added fill, are you on the north end or south end of the island.

87foxgt was talking about a lot, not a house.
Your guy has a house, right?

New York taxes are REDICULOUS.
I know people with $1,000,000+ properties in other states that don’t even pay $5,000 in taxes.

WOW!
There are houses for sale in EA right now for $1,000,000+ that don’t even pay $12,000 in taxes.

After they sell they will be I’m sure.I’ll have to check that out later.
D

210x5+ acres is 3300, w/ 3bdrm house and 2+ car garage

Jesus, I thought my taxes were bad in EA.