Just out of curiosoty - U.S. - Canada Crossing...

It’s part of your vehicle, I would image you would not catch any heat over that.

alright, just wanted to know cuz im goin to TO for the GP auto in july. cuz i figure they will see the big gay wing and just mess with me lol

I went to the post office a few weeks ago to get a passport and they told me if you are traveling in Canada, even passing through…you will need a passport. If you are just going for the day…you don’t. not for another 2 years, then a passport will be manditory for any travel ourside the US.

That makes no sense to me. If you travel to Canada for a day, you dont need a passport? For a week you do? I know eventually you will need one regardless.

Well I don’t know if they know who’s car it is. Because when I first got the Mini It was in my Rents Name and the boarder patrol almost made me turn around because it had a temp Reg sticker.

So they let you through because…

Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.

As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.

If you are traveling through Canada you need a passport now…but if you are just going to Toronto for the day…you don’t. —See Brett’s post, that says it exactly!

Once again. That still makes no sense. You are entering Canada period. "If you go to Toronto, for the day, no passport necessary. If you travel through Canada, you need a passport. What the hell is the difference here?