crossing the border/lost passport

So I didn’t loss my passport, its just in my apartment in wisconsin, and this weekend I have to go to canada thursday night. Well I figure if I go buy the enhanced license today and bring that paperwork that it shouldn’t be an issue right?
Anyone deal with this lately or have a different idea?

you wont be able to get it today, but tomorrow you could
if you take your receipt and birth certificate you will have no issue getting over the boarder

Yeah I ment tomorrow, but alright that’s what I was hoping to hear

Probably wont be able to get it tomorrow either as it is Presidents day. Tuesday would work though.

Call the canadian customs and american customs.

Just swim across.

:tup: The water is nice this time of year.

with the enhanced reciept you can cross. however coming back was a bitch for me yesterday. I brought my birth certificate with me. I was put in additonal screening and my car was ripped apart. they broke two of my rear interior panels. after further investigation this am.The cock sucker cracked the false floor in my trunk.

Wow that sucks… Well I’m sure the same will happen to me, but I have to get there so I guess ill not bring the drugs this time

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/17636/original/wahmbulance.jpg

Joe, how many times do I have to tell you. It’s an easy fix… Santiagoski :slight_smile:

It really depends on the guy or gal you get. They will just do the normal question thing or pull you over and just do the search and background check. You don’t need to call them. Don’t forget if your not bringing anything illegal back over with you they can’t deny you back into your own country. Just takes a little longer. Good luck.

i cross all the time. all you need is your license and your birth certificate. you will just be asked more questions. just tell them your passoprt is in wisconsin

If you’re worried about getting back into the US, they can’t deny you entry if you don’t have a passport.

As far as the Canadians, do they even check our passports going into Canada?

yeah they do. they scan it and verify that you and the picture match

with all the shit you post…

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm296/macrosgalore/potmeetkettle.jpg

i’ve been going north pretty regularly since summer and the border can be pretty brutal. going to AND coming home.

that said, and as previously stated, you should be fine one time with a copy of your birth certificate and receipt for the new id/passport.

dont have a false floor in your trunk then

:bigtup:

I’m pretty sure he meant the area where the spare tire is.