What would you do? v.Going to Canada *Time Sensitive!*

F*uck!

So I’m sitting here in niagara falls on my way to visit Bing, but I totally forgot my birth certificate!

Now I have 2 options;

1. go back home and get it… Which will (with rush hour traffic) add almost 2 hours onto this trip…
  2. go for it. I found a copy of my birthcertificate in the truck… But it’s just that; a Photo Copy!

What would you do? I tried calling Minglor for advice, but apparently the number I have for him is for some old woman now, lol

photocopy is fine, i never bring my real one

It will only matter on the way back. Photocopy will work.

Cool. I even bought extra copies to put in my vehicles just in case I randomly wanted to cross over, but I forgot to put them in :ham:

On my way over… We’ll see what happends lol

Re-Edit.
Stay out of there.

yea just go, your fine

Made it! The guy at the border did give me a hard time though saying “you know, you can change stuff on a copy right?”

Allllll worth it for the home cooked Chineese food I’m about to eat :slight_smile:

haha and i just pm’d you lol

yeah they let us thru with just ID’s a month ago.
Tho the guy did tell me I was supposed to have a birth certificate.

They’re still warning right now I believe.

But officially, a copy will not work when they start cracking down. It has to have the official seal, so either get a passport, carry your original, or get a real copy from the county that will include the seal.

Or wait for the enhanced license and get one of those.

those who frequent canada often can get a passport card good for land travel back into the us. it’s only $20. better than nexus.

Thanks for the PMs guys :tup:

Yeah, extra copies of my certificate were only $7 each or something cheap like that.

Get a passport and save all the headache.

You spend enough money on gizmos and gadgets that I am shocked you dont have a passport.

I’ve been there a few dozen times and I don’t think I ever brought anything more than a license. Are they really cracking down now?