Just picked up a Nikon D5000

I got a pretty good deal on a new 12.3mp D5000 DSLR and a 55-200 f/4-5.6 G ED lens, less than $600 for the pair. I’ve got a lot of reading to do so I can unlock the full potential of this camera. This is my 1st Nikon, as I’ve used Canon cameras in the past. So far this camera is amazing. I’ve already started to learn how to take real HDR photos. Here’s my 1st 2 attempts. I can set the camera to take the three images needed. After that I just merge them to HDR in photoshop.

let me know if you need anything i have one of these as a backup

Good subject for the first shot, lots of contrast between different things to really make the HDR work.

dont listen to either of those guys, there photography is shotty at best. just kidddding… first shot is saweeeet!

I like that intake mani pic. I have to scoop up a DSLR soon!

Good stuff man, Nikonians unite!

:ohnoes

Was waiting for that. :rofl

he knows we will overtake him soon enough

Sweet pickup man, I haven’t had one in a long time, but Nikon makes a fiiiine product.

As far as some constructive criticism for HDR (not that I’m a pro). I’d say take advantage of your cameras timer delay for the shutter. It looks like in the first pic, you may have experienced a little camera shake from your hand pressing the shutter, and had to oversharpen a bit to compensate. Second looks a little cleaner and more “lifelike”. Overall I’d say you are off to good start! For what it’s worth I know some people prefer images like the first, slightly oversharp and overtoned, and of course it’s your work, so there never is a “wrong way”. Hope to see some good shots in the future, have fun with your new toy!

Yea! Even though Canon appears to be the DSLR of choice nowadays.

Posts reported… :ninja

:rofl

Thanks guys! I only owned Canon cameras in the past. This is my 1st Nikon. When the weather gets better I want to get out and take some more shots with this camera.

Here’s another one:

:ohnoes:ohnoes

yea if your cheap :banghead JK