Just started playing with Solidworks

This is my first dealings with any cad or modelling program. So far its a blast. I just started tinkering over the weekend.

Made these two parts last night. It took quite a while, but to be expected just starting out.

http://clubhousecustoms.com/gallery2/d/11594-2/strut.JPG

http://clubhousecustoms.com/gallery2/d/11598-2/cage1.jpg

Dan

Pretty…

I still play with solidworks and everything still takes me a while. I’m currently working on a
room layout for a new lab.

Mating is great!
I really need to find a copy for home some day.

Get on the internet, im sure you can find a copy…

Acutally if you have it at work, cant you have a shadow license copy for home too? I know the guys here do.

Dan

Not bad at all for only a couple days and not using it before. I know some guys I graduated with that barely could do that after 4 years lol.

great start, net me know if you need any tips.

I think it helps if you can think like a machinist.

We have a network install at work, so I don’t know how I would manage another install.

I’ll get a work laptop eventually. That should help me play at home.

I need to get a computer that can support these programs…

haha. So far it seems pretty simple to use. I dont know how you wouldnt know it awesome after 4 years…

Thanks. Will do. All the guys here use it too, so I have them to bug during the day. I may use you as my night time help line if you’re on

We use a network licensing setup here too. Im certain the admin dude said there was some way to have a shadow license for home as you cant use both at once. Ill ask.

Buy one? My computer is like 4 years old. And so far no issues. I do plan on upgrading the ram and memory card, but to get started I dont think you need anything super crazy.

Dan

Solidworks trashed my office PC once…
I had way too many parts and assemblies open at the same time for a week or so…

When I finally restarted, Windows was hosed. I tried to fix it and managed to strip away IT’s admin rights :slight_smile:
They reimaged it for me and I bought some RAM and stopped trying to kill my PC.

all i have is a dell 1525. I had auto cad on it and it basically crashed my video card. all sorts of funky problems. uninstalled it and bam! no problems :confused:

Dan, I work with both Solidworks and Inventor. If you’d like some in-home help, let me know. :tup: