Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse

So, I thought things could only get better after all of the bs over the house and mortgage…I was wrong. My cousin was hit and killed by a truck last night while has was walking along the road. He was 23 and has a 1 year old daughter. He and I we’re not very close, but I feel terrible for his girlfriend, daughter and parents. He was far too young to die. RIP Jonathan Anderkovitch.
And the icing on the cake…Someone stole a package off the porch of our house. We haven’t closed or moved in yet. Thinking we would be living there already, I had something shipped there. It wasn’t supposed to be delivered yet, but I checked the tracking info and it said it was delivered on the 19th. So Dom went over there this morning to pick it up, and found an empty box. The packing slip was even gone. I’m thinking they might try to return it for the money. It was three sets of dishes, which cost about $200. I paid for them using a giftcard I got as a wedding gift, so at least it wasn’t money out of my pocket. I guess I’ll call our homeowners insurance agent and see about filing a claim. I’m worried it might be a problem since we haven’t closed on the house yet though. I just can’t wait for this month to be over.

Very sorry to hear, death is never easy. But don’t get stuck on the thought that people are too young to die…things happen for a reason and even though his child will have to grow up without him things will be ok. Best wishes to you and your family, I hope you guys pull through the holidays into the new year fine

that blows. sorry to hear. hopefully you arent moving into a neighborhood where that may become a problem more often.

and verry sorry to hear about your cousin

sorry to hear

I hate when bad things happen to good people. Sorry for your loss on both accounts.
If you guys ever need anything, I’d be happy to help however I can. Dom’s always been a stand-up guy to me and I hope the best for you both.

Thanks everyone. We are buying a house in Penn Hills. My stepdad and father in law didn’t like the neighborhood when they saw the house, but I didn’t think it was too bad. Hopefully this won’t become a recurring problem.

So sorry to hear…my condolences to you and your family. You’ve had a pretty rough month.

Apparently the guy that hit him was drunk.
http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19141038&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=480247&rfi=6

sorry to hear

Penn Hills USED to be a nice area…notsomuch any more…

Thats nothing a 10gage wont solve. :reloading and marge already wants a gun for the house. But dont let her fool you, she’s wanted a handgun for a while.

:rofl:

Shit guys, so sorry to hear about that. Hopefully things start looking up for you.

That’s terrible about your cousin. Just terrible. Hope you and your family are doing okay.

Sorry To hear

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow will be a rough day, we are finally going to close on our house so I will be happy about that but Jonathan’s funeral is tomorrow also.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19144114&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468518&rfi=6
The guy that hit him was arrested and they are waiting for the results of the blood alcohol level to press charges.

On another note, Target is replacing the dishes I ordered. I just called and said I didn’t get them and they offered to replace them. No hassle or anything :bigok:

i live there, very nice area where im at, just a pain in the ass neighbor that screams a lot but thats all…

just depends where in penn hills.

Im so sorry hun!!! I hope it gets better…

Please, if theres anything you need just let me know!!!

Howard Street in Penn Hills…I’m a bit worried after this theft issue. I know it’s kinda close to Wilkinsburg.