Warning to N. Buffalo members

I’ve lived in the city for the past 5 years or so with no issues like this. My apartment was robbed last night, laptops, laptop bag, and cell phone taken.

They busted in a window in the front of the house, cops said its been happening a lot in the area. Same general details each time, they wear gloves with some sort of grip on them so they cant get any prints.

Not a “woe is me” thread, just letting anyone in the area know there has been a string of these in the area lately and to be safe.

(I’m not in a shitty area either, Hertle and Parkside area…)

Yikes sorry to hear Jeff. We are off Hertle just west of Parkside. Scary

Have we learned nothing from Home Alone?

http://www.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Home-Alone-Window-Snooping.jpg

That sucks though, hopefully they catch these assholes.

It would be good to see thm caught, but then the will go to jail. They will learn how to be better criminals, then commit worse crimes. It would be better for these clowns to enter the house of a gun owner and catch one in the chest.

For sure. I’d like that.

^ Agreed.

Sucks man. Sorry to hear it.

So you were home when it happened?

If this ever happens don’t forget to say that you did it because you were afraid for your life. If you say you did it because you didn’t want them stealing your stuff, you’re going to Attica.

Society has made the judgment that even a criminal’s life is worth more than your new plasma.

EDIT:

Sorry to hear about what happened to you man.

Sucks to hear.

N Buffalo is having more and more crime. I know people all over Hertel between Deleware and Main and 1/2 of them have had issues the last year. Also, Elmwood is getting worse and worse with breakins and other crime. That is why I am bailing on the city and moving to Williamsville.

Very true. Only can shoot at intruders in NY if your life is at stake. In Texas, your neighbor can come over and shoot a criminal on your property.

That sucks, I have never had any problems where I am at but heard of this happening close by. Any reason why you think you got targeted with the thousands of houses in the area?

Was is just a front window? Basement window? Do you have any home security signs up or anything? (I’m on Carmel by the convent). I’m just curious to see if I’m prepared enough.

Luckily my lower tenants have ADT and a dog which I really think help deter a lot. Sorry to hear about the shitty luck though.

Regardless of where you are in the US you always have the inherent right to defend your own life by whatever means necessary. While there is no castle law in NYS, NYS (depending on locationand situation) is also very protective of anyone trying to defend themselves in their own home.

All that being said, it’s not illegal to clean a gun on your front porch with it all in pieces. A reputation goes a long way before any defensive measures.

You reminded me of a guy I used to work with. Dude was hilarious.

He lived on Ivanhoe in Cheektovegas, about 2 or 3 streets from the Buffalo border. According to him the street was terrible, so he would clean his AK-47 on his balcony. No one ever fucked with him.

Who knows if the story is true, just passing it on. Is it even legal to own a Kalashnikov?

Gunlamp is locked and loaded

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/195917_874970011078_15716842_44762322_3496526_n.jpg

Yep, I was home. Fell asleep on the couch actually, woke up around 1 AM and moved to my bed. Scary to think about what would have happened had I not moved.

We think it happened around 530 AM. Upstairs neighbor was in the basement for whatever reason, heard someone moving around, thought it was just us. I would have thought the same thing had the roles been reversed.

It was a window in the front of the house on the side. They stole a chair from somewhere, propped it up against the house, popped out the screen, left the front door wide open when they left.

Props to the Buffalo cops. They showed up within minutes and as much as I know there really isnt anything they can do, they were empathetic.

On a “prepared scale” we were probably very low. I’ve always felt that locked doors only keep honest people out, if someone wants to get in they will find a way. I don’t own a gun, and in this case it wouldnt have made a difference as I slept through the whole thing.

A dog might have helped, but the police said these guys have been hitting houses with dogs lately.

That blows

Another reason I don’t like the city

Not legal for an AK 47 unless it’s old. I do however own several variants legally. This gun is just easier to identify for the uneducated.

You left your windows open? on the first floor? in buffalo? over night ? Damn son.

This is gonna seem like a joke, but as far as bang for your buck for home defense, you can’t beat this:

yep. i know, i know.

Small yappy dog is the best home defense. Big dogs don’t always bark without a good reason, but small dogs will lose their fucking minds if someone comes near the house at an odd hour. If someone’s thinking about breaking in and a yapper starts screaming they’ll just move on.

Jeff wanna borrow my maltese for a while to help you feel safe? Seriously though, how shitty does it feel to be violated like that? That’s gotta be the worst part.