Just wondering, storage idea

Just wondering, A friend and I were considering a buisness venture. During the winter months or year around your choice. We have a storage garage, If you are interested in the idea of having your car staying at a dry, heated, and alarm protected facility. I understand some of you keep it in the garage and such, this applies to those who are looking for a place to keep what ever you need, If you have a bunch of stuff that you need a place to store or car or Motorcycles, or dirt bikes, or anything you need. We can get a unit which fits 12-13 cars approx, if enough people are interested we can get the larger unit which fits 20-25 cars. plus motor cycles. We are selling the space in terms of dimensions which we will know if we see how many people are interested. You can come see your car at any time, take it out at any time, and if you bring your tools you can work on it in the facility. the price right now is set at 250 a month and the price WILL go down. the price decreases the more people are interested. The facility is located a short drive away from square one in mississauga in a low trafficed commercial area. If people are interested we will take out insurance just in case the un likely event something occurs.

space is set at 250 a month, price goes down the more people come if you have motorcycles dirt bikes etc it will be cheaper as you can fit more then one motor cycle into a space, or you can share the space with someone. or pay the full price if you want your bike snowmobile atv or just anything to be by itself. So let me know via pm, I am making a buisness e-mail soon if this thing takes off.

So pm me with any questions, or concerns, or anything.

prices will vary if you want to store something of unusually large size. ie RV, over sized truck, construction equipment.

so let me know hopefully it works out.
thanks
steve
& paul

i believe there’s already a company that does this exact idea (or so i was informed by someone). they market to people who store their sports cars in the winter and offer heated storage, security and even run the car and drive it briefly in their facilities to keep the car maintained. i’m not sure about pricing (or even the name of the place) but just keep in mind that you have competition in toronto :slight_smile:

I know of a few people that have places like this in the toronto area.

The thing is, this is more of a seasonal type of business and how will security work if so many people have access to the location?

That is also depending on what type of vehicles you are planning to cater to.

In response to the first post, I called some of those companies and some want quite a large sum of money to keep your car and perform those services, and only Myself and my buisness partner paul would have access to the unit. there would be a number to call i fyou wanted to see your car work on it etc, and we would meet you there at your earliest convienience. By no means people would not be walking in and out free will as this is asking for problems. If you still say that oh what if you cant make it, one of pauls employee’s owns a auto shop and would be able

the idea is sound and of course most people that do not have the means to store a car properly (no garage, etc.) may be willing to use this service.

the reason why i say “may” is because if it were me i would be very cautious about leaving my car in a 3rd-party facility and would only trust the source if a.) they were referred by a trusted friend b.) had full signed contractual documentation which shows liability and insurance compensation (in the event something goes wrong, theft, etc.).

it’s interesting though, because in terms of storage fees with services, $250 would be reasonable. but from a lot of people i’ve talked to in the past, even paying $200 for a empty storage bay in one of those general storage facilities turned them off to the whole idea. so what i’m saying is that you may need to attack more affluent clientele.

I understand where your coming form, but that price is just for now, it will 100% for sure go down, i just didn’t want to set it low and end up turning off buyers by raising it. I will have full contracts written up if this idea takes off. I am just posting to make sure if anyone is interested, no point and paying one months rent for a empty garage. btw this is a huge unit, with small door entry and a HUGE garage door