KA-T RUN!

This summer I finally got my ka-t kit installed. Tonight I went and did a few runs with it and ended up getting a 0-60 time of approx. 6 seconds, spinning all the way through first!! I have a video of it, but am not sure how to post it on the forum. The setup on the car is as follows: Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx, stock ka24de engine, 233,000 kms and stock internals, t25 turbo off of sr20 engine, 3 inch exhaust turbo back, s13 intake cam, 370cc injectors, controlled by safc2. Boost is set at 7psi, on the wastegate spring, full boost at 2200 rpm!! I am going to be raising the boost shortly to 9psi, and hopefully hitting the track!! Let me know if someone can host the vid, it is about 19 megs big.

good stuff milan.

don’t try to run too much boost if you’re just tuning off an safc2… might want to get something a bit better for the long term

Upload it to youtube and post the link.

Ok guys, just downloaded the vid on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVmU-PX9wlQ

Keep in mind the road was slippery, and it was just spinning in first, I didn’t even have to drop the clutch, and I was trying to hold the camera still at the same time. Bing, no worries, the knock meter is showing no knock, maybe because I am running 94 octane? Even if the motor blows, I don’t really care as this one is burning quite a bit of oil.

Milan

good work! +1 for ka-t

awesome :slight_smile: +1

Hell yeah!! Congrats man. As time goes by upgrade to a ROM tune, T28BB, 550cc’s, N60 MAF, oh and better tires. :stuck_out_tongue:

You said your motor was burning oil? Are you sure it’s not just leaking? Does your car emit blue smoke? Do a compression test and post the results.

What was your 1/4 time?

congrats!!! now buy my AEM ems I will sell it to you for a good price.

nice to see a good ka-t setup. i wanna see some pics under the hood!!

wideband?

The motor has very healthy compression, over 180psi in each cylinder. When i put the turbo on I changed the valve seals, as they were shot, but I have a feeling the valve guides are bad too. It mainly burns oil at idle, but it is not so visible since I put a cat back on. I do have to add oil frequently, and it is not leaking externally. As for tires, i have 245’s on the back so I was surprised it spun so much. I hope to make it up to the track before season’s end on 9 psi, I will post the results after that. Yes, I have a wideband on it, I have it tuned at high 11’s for the air fuel ratio under boost, i want a bit of safety so i went on the conservative side. I’m not sure how accurate the safc is for knock counts, but it is generally very low until the motor gets really heated up. It is definitely a fun setup and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fun street car.

good stuff bro, respect! :slight_smile:

cost of total setup?

Id richen it up a bit more if i were you to LOW 11,s. dont even bother with the afc for a knock reading, its very inaccurate… just keep in mind that ur probably very close too/maxing out those 370`s so before u decide to run more boost, invest in a meth injection kit,start off with a small nozzel(m7-m10) and work ur way up to a bigger size as u tune for more boost.

Pay attention to ur base timing, redline etc and go to the dyno!!! based on ur dynograph u will know if ur getting any ignition breakup and also what rpm your power/torque falls off… great work and good luck

Certain farts can trigger knock on SAFC’s. lol

I have a GT2560R (aka T28) for sale if you get tired of your T25…
Good job on the ka-t setup, keep it up !!!