KA-T

has anybody here turbo’d a KA, without touching the internals!! just throwing on a kit, and boosted at 10lbs.!!

what were the results and how long did it last, what turbo did you use??

yes, has lasted 50,000+km run at 10psi but mostly at 7psi… and not babied. turbo was a gt25 hybrid, and a stock t25

yes at 10psi and still going…been one summer already.

kool thanks!! keep them coming

Hmm, so really, a boosted KA is still pretty safe for the engine?
Never thought the stock ka24de could take it…

any pointers before the addition?

ye, get some money together

how bout we find you a job first :stuck_out_tongue:

lmaoo

good idea.

Lmao
Hows your tires :slight_smile:

HAWT!

You two really need to stop whoring up random threads, one of you post and the other ones always there to comment back and it turns into your own personal convo. Thats whats msn’s for, take it there.

Thanks.

need to get the post count up LOL

I’m prospecting this notion as well (as opposed to SR swap) however, I am unable to store my car during the winter.

Are there any issues with a KA-T in the winter? I actually intend to turn down the boost in the snow for simple safety reasons.

Now why would you do that? Boost is fun in the winter lol.

there are some ppl in here that always take over ppls threads!! dont do it with mine!! im looking for information, and thanks to the ppl that put their input, and suggestions!!

I actually went with an SR swap vs the KA-T…
however before hand I was quite gung-ho about the KA-T (fan of the low end torque)
however…through my research, throwing on a turbo kit and running it on 10psi is fine and the engine can easily take it. However, tuning is key here. If you have a good tune, you should be okay. You can re-inforce you engine to the tilt and have reinforced internals, but it would still blow with a bad tune.

If you really want, the only thing I would replace would be the connecting rods…apparently on the ka they’re a bit weak. (not to mention trying to lower the compression a bit)

anyways, hope this helps and good luck on the project!

I’ll be taking that into consideration aswell,
Thanks.

I wouldn’t just change con rods. It doesn’t make sense to open up an engine and only do that. IMO, rods, pistons, HG and headstuds.

All great points,
thanks.

yeah, listen to him
he’s the one i went to for research, lol