My KA24E-T...Finally Finished

Hey guys and gals…UPDATE …Just thought I’d post another update on my Ka-T project. . Everything is finished now. Got the oil lines and started to put her back together. Around 6:30pm today she was done *(except for the exhaust)started her up let her warm up and took her for a spin. Boost is NICE :smiley: All you can really hear coming from under the hood is a turbo spooling. It is great. Now all I have to do is button up the exhaust and she is street ready.
Might aswell post my setup:
Ka24e-163,000kms
used T-25- thanks absolum
JGS manifold kit
Sr20 intercooler and piping- thanks Alex
walbro 255lph fuel pump
OBX 10:1 fmu- temp.
soon to be installed SR injectors and SAFC II
custom exhaust

I think thats about it…I am running 7psi on the smic, and when my fmic comes in I’m moving to 10psi.
Check out my site for pics… http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1257763 (not updated yet, sorry)

I will def be the 1st to say congrat . We started the project at the same time and I havent even started my project yet . I am also running the sohc . Post some first impression compare to stock when you get this runnnig .
How are you gonna run sr injectors on a top rail sohc motor ?

:?

Anyways, sounds like a good project. Let us know how it performs.

congrats bro, we gotta ride out sometime and mash some sr’s

awesome dude, just get rid of that fmu asap

very nice… get some video footage of it in action if you can :stuck_out_tongue:

I would be interested in seeing how things work out for you, how much you endup spending and what kind of horsepower you got.
I have a KA24E too and evryone it talking about KA-t’s but I think most people that do KA-t’s are using DOHC so I would be very interested in seeing how this works out for you using a SOHC like mine keep us posted.

One of the first KA-Ts was a SOHC. ADAM’s SOHC has performed well, but he has dealt with many issues over the years.

Thanks everyone for all of your positive feedback. This has been an ongoing project for the last little while. The car should have been done a week ago but you know how it is. You start putting it together and all of these little problems come up. For instance the manifold kit I ordered from JGS wasn’t the one I recieved. But I did what I could with it and made it work. It took me about two days to put that thing together and it came out fairly well, thank god I can tig weld. The only problem left is the oil inlet line, I have been waiting on Trans Canada Nissan for my part for over a week now. They said it was coming in yesterday, I went and now they say Tuesday :evil: Well I guess its just a waiting game now, cant wait to drive the damn thing. I will definatly keep everyone update to when it gets done. I actually wanted it done for today so I could go to Shannoville :frowning: . Thanks again everyone

how are you adjusting your ignition timing?

t25 will give you boost at like what 2400rpm, burn those tires :slight_smile: ?

good to see more ka projects, goodluck with the rest of your project.

Updated !!!

VERY NICE.

Good work, hope to see this in person! With the tiny intercooler piping and turbo that thing must almost feel supercharged…

How’s the FMU been working? Any monitoring of the fuel pressure or AF’s in the high-RPM by any chance?

Again, congrats! I’ll be waiting for your PM! 8)

are you manually adjusting your ignition timing?

are you going to dyno tune it?

is your turbo choking at all at higher rpm’s?

:smiley:

Been driving the car for a couple of days now and man does it feel good. Boost is always there when you need it, The only thing to do now is tuning. She runs a tad to ric, but some dyno and wideband tuning will fix that. By rich I mean if I could re-bottle my exhaust fumes I could sell the gas. Other then that the car is a blast to drive. To bad I have to work for the next 8 days straight but I will be hopefully showing up at some meets soon to show you guys the car.
Almost forgot, the stock clutch lasted about 15 mins before it started to slip :smiley:

Lol @ clutch, nice…so by “tuning” do you mean once you get the 370’s/SAFC or are you going to tune the FMU setup somehow for now etc…? Curious…

You say it’s running really rich, so does it leave a big & bait cloud of black smoke? :smiley: Or do you mean just according to a wideband or something else? Either way, better that than too lean!