KA24DE forged parts info please

Hey guys, i am building a KA-t. i want to no if the stock Piston rods, and crankshaft are FORGED parts. if they are i am not replacing FORGED parts if they are already strong enough. I am replacing pistons, cams, valves, bearings and gaskets. But what i really want to no is if the Connecting Rods and Crank are FORGED.

If anyone has this info and has rebuild a KA before you will no.

thanks

ka-t.org is the best place for you to go and research man.

Crank is forged, rods are shotpeened, pistons are cast aluminum.

thanks guys

do you think the shotpeened rods are strong enough, or should be replaced with forged rods?

What are your power goals?

the pistons and rods i can buy will support up to 700hp. so my power goals are to use most of that, and as much of the 700hp i can

In that case, the stock rods will not handle that kind of power.

ya i didnt think so, i am getting forged rods now to. so it is all good

You’re going for a 700whp KA and don’t know whether the stock rods can handle it?

Do some research buddy, you’re going to end up with a hole in your block very soon. You seem too naive and eager judging from your expected goal vs. your current knowledge.

No offense of course, I’m just being honest, sometimes people have to hear the truth. I wish you the best of luck.

If u want it to be drivable don’t go anywhere near 7 man that’s crazy talk
700 is a dyno queen not useable power for a240sx I personally wouldn’t go more then 4

^Even 250whp is ENOUGH. After that, it’s only fun on the highway or some long straight.

Focus on powerband, unless you’re drag racing…

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

^Even 250whp is ENOUGH. After that, it’s only fun on the highway or some long straight.

Focus on powerband, unless you’re drag racing…