Ka24det New engine build up!

Ok so i’ve been thinking about building up a ka motor for a while since mine has high km’s on it 260000, running 10 psi atm. Runs strong however I think it’s not going to last and or meet the 350-400whp goal I want to reach…

I have a t3/t4 turbo setup I am happy with it, so probably not going to change anything there, but I wanted to make this thread to try to find out what kind of money i’ll need to spend to build a strong reliable engine, and what parts I should be looking to change… I was looking at some eagle rods and JE pistons, which should run me around $1000, I bought some SR injectors recently and will go bigger once I have the thing running good.

I imagine taking the engine to a machine shop would be a good idea, but im not entirely sure what I should be looking to get done(port, polish, hone…???), also are upgraded retainers and valve springs necessary?

Looking to get a little advice cause im not sure I have the right idea :slight_smile: Thanks, Jake

retainers and springs are not nessesary unless you are pulling big rpms. nice 3angle valve job should do well. cams will give you a whole new motor. you could port it but i would just clean up the ports(casting marks) and de-bur all the sharp edges in the cumbustion camber. pistons and FORGED RODS are nessessary if you want a bullit proof bottom end. maybe bored 0.040 over? stud the motor with arp rods, mains and head bolts. everything i have suggested could run you 3500 give or take.

peace

i have some ARP head studs if you want them. there a must on any KA-T

400whp All you need is to build the bottom end, Forged Pistons (.20 over bore) and rods, ARP head and main studs, metal head gasket. And the most important thing off all STANDALONE!!!