connecting rods

i was just wondering if there was anyway to strengthen my stock connecting rods, i have a 93 ka and don’t really want to drop 900 on new connecting rods, so i am trying to bypass this situation. I want to be able to put 400 to the wheels and not have to worry about blowing a rod through the block any info would be greatfull

stop being so cheap and do it right?

SR rods have been proven to be very strong and easily capable of holding 400hp. If you are rebuilding and intend to use your stock rods i’d measure them out according to the FSM and make sure they are in spec. You can also cryo treat them but i’m not sure how effective that actually is.

Or just pony up and buy some cheapo (compared to carillo or pauter) eagles.

He has a KA not SR. And if you don’t wanna buy new rods, but wanna do something to improve your stockies, have them heat treated.

i honestaly think on KA with plans of forced induction, upgrading the rods are a must.

Look around, what is the most common catostrophic failure in ka’s, even without boost.

It’s the rods.

IMO if you spend the time and money to get everything else right, why stop with the most important thing.

if your gunna do rods, do it right like sasha says, i dont care what you say, whatever you save now on rods, your gunna end up paying for in the long run.

Motors blow can blow so easily… especially boosted ka’s