KA24DE internals

i read in a forum the other day that said if you put SOHC pistons in a DOHC engine it will up the compression from 9.5:1 to 11.0:1
im just looking to find out if it is what it says it is nad what would have to be done or if its nonsence and all that would happen is you get a blown engine out of the deal.

thanks
-Shane

yeah only a few 89 240 had them…

what forum did you see this on. has me curious as well

i think it was the NICO club

i found the forum its on freshalloy. com here it is
http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50634

If you can find an 89 240sx that DOES NOT HAVE a temp sensor in the air-box that is the motor you are looking for-all motors WITH the temp sensor have reduced compression ratio as per factory change-I had a brand new 240 in 89 first run in Ontario and it did not have the temp sensor in the air-box

fist 6 months of 89 had the flat top pistons (9:1 i think) supposedly give around 11.7:1 compression with a dohc head
after that they had a slight dish (8.6:1 i think) which was supposed to give something around 11:1 with a dohc head

there seems like there is going to be a slightly clearance issue with the flat tops, but nothing that can’t be easily fixed with removing a little material

Now i heard there is a reason they stoped the flat head psitons its was because it was more prone to brake piston rings, or ring lands… Does any one know if that is true?

never heard that.
I think service manual states it was done (along with a couple other things) to “improve driveablility”