KA24E 5-speed to KA24DE?

I just recently purchased a 1990 s13 (KAE), with a 5 speed manual. Can I swap this transmission into my 94 'vert (KADE)? Do I need to change wiring at all?
Any help is appreciated, thanks
Mark

de/e transmissions are the same, but the de has additional sensors. so you may lose something, but hopefully someone will chime in

I was under the impression that the OBD1 kae and kade trannys were exactly the same, including the sensors. I think the additional sensors you’re talking about are from the OBD2 trannys.

Thats what I’m hoping. I’ve heard a bit about the speed sensors for 4th and 5th gear, but I’m not 100% sure yet.

Thanks for the help so far.

u need the manual transmission lower harness. thats all the wiring u need. The transmissions are the exact same on a kae and kade

Perfect. Just what I wanted to hear. Maybe it’ll happen sooner than I thought then!

There is also a little extra wiring that needs to be done to get the power top to work and also to get the cruise to work.

Check out this write up on how to get the top to work:

I still haven’t got my top AND cruise control to work yet so I don’t have any info on that :S.