KB Vs HV

hahaha. sounds about right. what do you think bobbyg?

No, KB is run by a guy who drives a gutless 2.8 A6 like a ninety year old.
I have to pass him on Center Street all the time. LOL

Well, went to HV tonite, and it was probably the best night I’ve ever had in 3 seasons of riding!!!

The snow conditions were really nice with good powder, with a solid base underneath, but not concrete hard ice.

And the best part… THERE WAS LIKE 100 PEOPLE TOTAL THERE!!! I didn’t have more than 1 group in front of me on any lift, and all the runs were empty. Plus with it snowing like was, by the time you took the run, and got back to the top, there was another 1/2" of snow on the run.

Got there at 4:15ish, and left at 8:45 once my loritab wore off and my knee started to get weak and unstable; didn’t want to risk it completely failing; but I would’ve LOVED to stay all night.

fucking hell I miss that shit… VA blows.

your god damn right! theres nothin like workin a shift, going boarding for free, and then going to the bar and getting plastered with people who share the same interest you do! its like killing 3 birds with one stone! maybe 4 if you find a hot girl at the bar.

They’re both an awful lot of a production to drive down and back in a day for what you get unless you live close by. By the time youre done dicking around getting packed up, drive down, and get suited up youre looking at 2hrs+ before you are on the slopes. For a good mountain, not a big deal, but for 5-700ft of drop, blehh.

Holiday Valley and Ellicottville is cool if you get a place to stay for the weekend.

:word:

I went last night too, conditions were awesome. By far the best they’ve been this year. With more snow on the way too, this should be a very good week down there.

Huh? I can have my whole truck packed, drive down, get changed, and be on the slopes in an hour and a half! (I live in Cheektowaga)

I leave from work at 3 with my stuff in my truck, and am getting in line for the lift by 4:10 with no problems. (I work in EA)

And for $15 night tickets, IMO it’s well worth it.

Same here. I can pack my shit, grabs $100, gas up and be there in an hour easy.

I’ll say this…

I ski KB for 2 reasons, and only 2 reasons.

Cost, and convenience.

HV has better overall terrain, but that still is not saying all that much as I find HV nearly as boring, just for a bunch more total cost after initial pass price, and driving there. I live 10 minutes from KB, go there in the morning when I work at noon, and can ski much more often. Plus, my seasons was $305.

Their park last winter was much better than HV, however I am curious to check out HV’s park this year as I’ve heard it’s good.

As for total verdict, I go to KB to save money and ski more often as WNY skiing sucks no matter where you go locally and I’d rather save a few hundred dollars and take a few day-trips to other areas that are much better.

So hrm.

Yeah.

Who with a Schuss pass wants to endure the crowds at HV Friday night and take the bus? I need somebody to rant to on the ride there and back.

<_<

bristol mtn is awesome

HV is nice if you are going to make a day of it. KB is good for a weekday afternoon. If time wasn’t an issue, HV all the way. But that’s never the case

Plus my grandparents live 2 miles away from KB and i eat my face off with amazing homemade cooking so i go up there as much as possible to visit/board

the park at kb this year is going to be siiiiiiiick, they finally got all the snow they needed and more! im almost positive they will have the rail park open, halfpipe and all those other goodies every looks for.

I’d rather they build a 1 hit QP than attempt a hand-dug halfpipe.

And the landings for the jump-line need to be longer and the first jump landing is far too flat.

haha no shit, thats how i busted my knee the other night, i was working the triple and i got out early. thought it would be a good idea to get some runs in before they closed, boy was i wrong. they need to build that shit up and stop being so accomodating to the no-sack people. seriously, they might as well just not put a jump there, its useless. i usually work 3-10 mon-thurs, but i dont think iv seen you yet this year. probably just due to your shoulder.

I haven’t been out that often on weeknights. Usually wearing a bright green sessions jacket, black bern helmet.

The jump line was decent last year. First jump needed a steeper landing then, and the last jump had WAY too short a landing. Overall though, they were fun.

Add picking up a friend or two or vice versa and youre easily over 2 hours.

Eh, all the people I go with I either work with or they live on the way from my place to HV so there’s really no delays.

But I know how it is with people dragging ass… I have a GF… (AKA, I’ll be ready in 5 minutes… which really means 45 mins)

HV was nice today. Better than usual conditions

edit: I am gonna be soo fucking sore tomorrow :frowning: