KDKA.com News Facts

Story seems pretty normal until part way through the 5th paragraph

Crews Pull Man From Water Under Convention Center
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Crews pulled a person to safety this morning after officials say he became trapped in rising waters in a tunnel under the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.

Officials say it all started around 9:30 a.m. and police, firefighters and river rescue crews were all called to the scene to help the person.

“An employee of the Convention Center happened to be walking by, heard the victim calling for help,” said Chief James Holman, the Pittsburgh River Rescue. “And we then were summoned. It took a little while to figure out where he was, because we did not have any communication and couldn’t hear her.”

According to officials, the person became trapped in a tunnel below the Convention Center.

Authorities say the 27-year-old homeless man in the process of having surgery to become a woman was pulled from the tunnel about an hour and a half later.

“We ended up getting to a locked door, unlocked the door, the divers then left the boat,” said Holman. “While tethered with rope, they ventured up into the area adjacent to the water underneath of us where they, about 275 feet in, they located the female victim. She was relatively dry, or he was.”

Holman said rescuers had to carry the person about 275 feet out of the tunnel due to debris.

Authorities say he may have gotten into the facility through a crawl space.

Meantime, officials say he suffered hypothermia and was taken to a local hospital to be treated.

LINK

What in the world does that have to do with this story?

how is a homeless person getting a sex change is what I want to know

Yeah that was my second question

interesting

I was wondering that too.

because dumbasses keep giving them money :dunno:

cause some homeless ppl have more money than others think. dads friend was an emt in nyc like 10yrs ago. was going to a call in the middle of the night. hit and ran over a homeless guy going around a bend. found out the dude have just over a million in the bank. his family said he hated the government and payin taxes and all of that.

I will never understand why people give those guys money. I give to service organizations that are willing to give them food and shelter. There is no way that I would give them money so that they can spend it how they please.

Either way its a funny way they present the story. I am guessing its going to change.

Id rather them not lie about it though. I was at the bar one night and some guy walked up to me and said he was babysitting 5 kids and his car broke down, down the street and he needed money because it needed towed, and he was short $15.00. Funny thing is…this is the SECOND time this happened. Same man, same story, about 3 months apart. Dude, just tell me you want a fuckin beer, I’ll buy you a damn beer for christ sakes.

Clinton’s health care plan of course…

Can’t afford food, but, heck, elective surgery? No prob…

Should’ve left him/her/it/whatever to drown. ‘Gee…guess you shouldn’t have been in there…’

Of course, I feel the same way about the idiot that gets stuck halfway down Mount Washington every 4 months…(yeah, I know it’s not the same one every time)

i read that story this morning…that paragraph was not part of it…they change thier shit pretty quick.

it was right under the story about the 16 yr old boy that attacked his gf with a HAMMER and then walked in front of a trolly! genious!

:gives:

:bowrofl: I think i was stopped by that same guy before too. I told him I’ll come stand by his car and call my AAA for him.

he walked away :rofl:

Unless youve been hanging out in West Ashley, or this guy gets around in each state…it wasnt him, lol. But I guess theres morons like this everywhere.