Keep Boost or Sell Boost?

I own a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT.

I just bought a Momentum EJ5-40t for a great price. The turbo is basicly an EVO3 16G in a subaru application.

The problem is that the Momentum EJ5-40t only fits the WRX/STi style intercooler/ manifold system.

Im debating these options:

1. Do the STi manifold and intercooler swap. This consists of a swap of the Intercooler, Manifold, and TGV’s from an STi Donor. This will require alot of work and the aquisition of stupid little odds and ends that could complicate stuff as some brakets need to be repositioned, and the vaccum hoses are not the right length, ect.

2. GO FMIC. No problem with this, but the only available LGT specific application is $1500. Too expensive for my tastes. I could have Hybrid fab me up one but Im not sure how much this would cost or if it would be any cheaper.

3. Sell the turbo to a WRX/STi owner. The turbo will put down around 280-300 WHP on a 2.0 block with a good tune and supporting mods, and around 300-330 WHP on a 2.5 block with supporting mods and a good tune.

fab something custom.

becuase un orthodox systems are cool

sell it and buy a different turbo, something thats compatible. custom fab is cool cause its different, but its also a headache

I’m retarded? Yup :whip:

O RLY

:wink: oh shut up u guys know :wink:
or at least he said u guys had something to do w/ it

We can definitely make you a quality FMIC kit for under $1500. I’m sending you a PM now.

??? this is news to me

Sleeper legacy FTW nice!

I would but legacy specific applications are rediculously priced. Im not paying $1500 for a Deadbolt 18G or 20G when I can get the same exact WRX specific turbo for half the price.

Stuff from Japan is even more expensive A legacy specific AVO 450 will go for almost $2000

It seems as if they are taking advantage of the fact that they are the first ones to market.

WRX turbos fit, the exhaust side bolts right up and requires no modification. The induction side can be solved by an FMIC and no further modification.

have hybrid make you a FMIC

after the first one is done, if they have time. have them make 3 more, sell them, split the profit 50/50 with hybrid

you basically get a free intercooler, hybrid makes a bunch of extra cash just for replicating the first one, which is relatively easy

$1500 for what exactly? All new plumbing + IC + brackets, etc…? What IC? What materials?

THATS WHAT I SAID!!! :slight_smile:

That price dosent even include the BOV!

The piping material is stainless, IC core is Aluminum obviously, clamps are T bolt, connectors are silicone, brackets.

http://marylandturbosolutions.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=119_22_23_27&products_id=32&osCsid=cfe4b3c36e587edf265965a5c911c073

Its a nice looking quality kit but I think its overpriced.

In Hybrid We Trust…DO IT…sorryz had an episode…but yea give Don a call see what they can for that price.,…they can get u all u need plus more

thats pretty expensive for just a turbo,the only reason i say go for the FMIC is because ur overall performance will improve with the aftermarket FMIC then if u stick with stock, so yeah, if u can get a reasonable price on FMIC, then go for it.

what are you talking about :x

yeah?

ehh, if all the piping was aluminium & the IC was really a top quality piece I could almost see $1500 as being not too bad…but since it’s just SS, I’d say go custom.