Kegerators!

So I’ve had mine going for around a week now, wondering if anyone also has a kegerator you’d like to show off!

Mine was given to me by my cousin who came down with gout, and can’t drink beer anymore. It had been sitting in his barn for a number of years. Really the only thing reuse able was the fridge itself, I needed to replace everything

For all of the lines, regulators, clamps ect. I purchased a kit from keg works on military rd. I highly recommend going there if you are looking into this, they have everything you could ever need in stock and the guys working there are super knowledgeable! It was around $140 for all of the “plumbing”

As far as co2 tank, there was an empty one in the fridge when I got it. Praxair took the old one + $20 for a new, tested, filled one. I’m pretty sure a new, empty one is around $50. Find a beat up cheap one on Craigslist, and trade it

It’s already poured many beers and I’m super happy that I did this. I love it.

Test keg is miller lite. Thanks to my man joe cuz for picking it up! I’d hate to ruin a good keg of beer accidentally!

I’ve got one that I think I’m going to sell. Havent used it for beer in awhile, just wine/juice/mixers.

Nice. I got one years ago from Josh when he had the warehouse. It was scratch and dent and I got a great deal. Also picked up what I needed from keg works. Great guys. My first keg was from flying bison in mine. They take a copy of your DL and don’t ask for a keg deposit :slight_smile:

My Praxair thing went off… Did not expect a beer reference though.

I have been looking into kegerators… Someday I will really kick my alcoholism into high gear.

Man, Phil seems to be dying a slow, painful, early-to-bed death :frowning:

Speaking of game over Brendan is gonna be a dad :lol:

He comes out from time to time as a surprise to everyone involved. Hes much more of a saturday day drinker and sunday brunch-extending-into-the-evening kinda guy nowadays…

edit: its more of a “i cant handle gluten well anymore” kinda thing versus a not drinking kinda thing.

Geehee, how much would you want for yours, I would be interested

I’ll post a thread in the next week or so once I figure out what its worth (I’m out of town from tomorrow till Monday…)

Wow! I would like to say, on behalf of everyone on Nyspeed who clicked this link about kegerators, congratulations to your friend who is going to be a dad. A friend that 90% of the forum probably doesn’t know

Or maybe next time you can just text this news and keep the thread on topic

Half the people in this thread know Brendansi :lol:

And when it comes to topics relating to beer and this forum 90% of the people who would respond to a beer thread also know him.

I should get one of these…

Ill def help you put it together man! I didn’t know you drank?

Or is that sarcasm? Haha

A picture… I will have to go digging but mine is more of a wet bar than a kegerator. I will be upgrading the system from two tap to four or six soon as well.

I certainly do. Maybe not to the excess that many folks around here might, but I certainly enjoy a (many) good beer/s…

Yeah, I was waiting for you to respond! I knew your setup was pretty intense, I’m excited to see it

Also, I need to get back on the homebrew thing, kegerators make life a whole lot easier when it comes to making beer…

Kegerators do wonders for homebrewing. We have a Keg loaded up full of homebrew, another 200+ bottled of homebrew and another 10 gallons of homebrew on secondary right now.

This is a really bad picture from over a year ago when it was first installed. The decor is much better now but the idea is still the same. A large fridge behind the wall holds two kegs and feeds lines running through conduit under the bar.
This system will be replaced with a custom built cooler that can handle 4-8 kegs depending on the size complete with a glycol chiller system to keep the lines and the tower consistent at 40 degrees

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53342606/2012-04-03%2022.27.12.jpg

My brother gave me the inspiration for the glycol system as he is building one to feed his taps out on his deck… They are drilled into an old re-purposed fire hydrant. I will never have something that cool :frowning:

Something like this: (I do not have a picture of his yet)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIheGOxBN74hBL5FA5jGix7RfYNidBX3csPJNfl8SVbRFP9oFChw

That fire hydrant setup is awesome! I like beer. Anyone need help drinking beer out of your new keggerator, let me know.

Lmk