Ken Block STi tested on InsideLine...

Might be a repost, thought I’d put it up anyway.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=153386

To wit:

0 - 30 (sec): 1.2
0 - 45 (sec): 2.0
0 - 60 (sec): 3.0
0 - 75 (sec): 3.9
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 10.8 @ 123.7
0-60 with 1-ft Rollout (sec): 2.8
30 - 0 (ft): 29
60 - 0 (ft): 110
Braking Rating (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor or Very Poor): No rating
Slalom (mph): 72.0
Skid Pad Lateral acceleration (g): 0.90
Handling Rating (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor or Very Poor): Very Good
Db @ Idle: 84
Db @ Full Throttle: 115.9
Db @ 70 mph Cruise: 93.4

Mind you, the car had a bad 5th gear, so the 1/4 mile trap was with a shift from 4th to 6th.

That thing is pretty nasty. I’m gunna need some flourescent spray paint.

wow that’s pretty sick…i didn’t know they did that much extensive motor work on rally cars…thought it was mostly bolt ons/tune and then a crazy suspension setup…but i don’t follow rally at all, which is probably why i’m so ignorant to all this.

:tup: though, i’m sure it’s a crazy fun ride.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2009/06/ken-blocks-new-gymkhana-video-now-live.html

:jawdrop:

:bigclap:

That is his gymkhana car, His rally car is probably not as quick in the 1/4 mile.

yea the difference between WRC(World Rally Championship) and North American Rally cars is fairly significant. WRC cars are rebuilt entirely from the ground up. every portion of the car is modified to make it lighter or stronger or more functional. North American Rally cars(depending upon sponsor money and funds) are FAR less “built” than WRC cars. some NAR cars are simply bolt-ons/suspension and safety mods.

and FWIW, that IS NOT his rally car. his rally car has far less hp(>200hp<) due to FIA regulations and is most likely set up very differently than his rally car

yeah, IIRC rally cars are only limited to 2.0litres…they all have about 300 hp, with around 450ft-lbs torque

ok so i wasn’t entirely wrong then lol. Still a nasty ride…i can’t get over the video, watch it over and over and it never fails to amaze me.