Kennywood

if kennywood can be sold how do you now feel about the rooneys always owning the steelers? seems like the younger hennigers and mcswigins had $$$ in their eyes.

here’s my take… if this company comes in and it stays the same it will do fine… if they come in and let it alone but then try to make it too packaged/generic/coprorate (ala GM) it will do great at first because people will be mezmorized by the pretty lights (ala PNC PARK) and once the honeymoon stage is past it will fail misrable and get stale. People love kennywood because its not changed very much from their childhood. people like that. walking into kennywood via the tunnel is as dramatic as commin into the city via the ft pitt tunnels. Kennywood may never give this company big returns but rather stable returns (like oldsmobile was to GM) If they leave it alone it should be fine, we just wont have that good feeling its USA owned anymore.

kennywood has sucked since i was 9,

cedar point ftw

yeah…when looking at the rides…but the lines (eric cartman) at
Cedar Point are sooo bad

you can’t compare kenny to cedar point. u gotta except it for what it is. kennywood is a good time with good food at a reasonable cost and its HERE! it always happends like that thou… the older you get you lose interest and then you have kids and kennywood is sweet again.

maybe its not kennywood thats sucked since you were 9… maybe u sucked since u been 9 :smiley:

Wonder if they have a special pass to avoid the lines. reason why i don’t go.

cedar point does, I think.

I love taking my kids to Kennywood. I can actually ride all the coasters again with my kid, it’s a fucking blast. And it’s only 15 minutes away.

thats was exactly my point.

to take a step further, pittsburgh became pittsburgh because of mom and pop, small business. etc… now everytime you argue that people say “you dont like change” or “big business is good” what is pittsburgh now thou… i dunno i think its kinda of a shithole with nice areas scattered throughout. I’m sorta jealous of my parents… that generation says we have all these advantages… but hey, back then you could walk to forbes field and catch a ball game, ride the trolley into downtown. i sure as hell dont wanna walk in the northside and i hate parking downtown. musta been nice to go to isaly’s and eat lunch, musta been nice to go to southpark for the county fair. to me Kennywood as it is… is that last link.

x2
pittsburgh is not a cookie cutter big city. You cannot make this place like any other city by building big fancy buildings, new interstates, and new entertainment facilities.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=640013#post640013