Kerosene heater

Perfect for heating your garage while doing those winter car repairs.

Got pictures up finally

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/jsears77/f706e17c.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/jsears77/fc3f4082.jpg

Does fine heating my 2.5 car lightly insulated garage up to a temperature comfortable for working in jeans and a sweatshirt. I’m selling it because I used it so little it made a lot more sense to use propane so I could share tanks with my grill. Only thing wrong with it is the electric glow start doesn’t work. It probably just needs a battery but with as little as I use it I found it easier to just touch a flame (match, grill lighter, propane torch) to the wick and light it that way.

$40 and it’s yours. I’ll even toss in a little blue kerosene can since I’ll have no use for it anymore.

New one is $130.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_93043-46631-RMC-95C6B_0__?productId=3262239&Ntt=kerosene&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dkerosene

SOLD TO TRADERSBASE.

I have one of these, they work awesome and burn clean(with the right fuel) so no bad kerosene smell.

Bump, going on CL tonight or tomorrow. I know some of you got some car parts for xmas and need to warm up those garages.

Bump for pictures of actual heater.

Up on craigslist finally too, so hopefully it sells quick so I can make some room for the new snowmobile.

What is the right fuel? I had one in the big ice storm years back and whatever I used made me high as hell…in a bad way. LOL.
If this can be burned clean I would probably be interested.

It says k-1 kerosene only on it. I didn’t have problems using it in my garage. I’m a little concerned about using the small amount of kerosene I have left without refilling the can with fresh.

I would buy this but all the garages I have access to have cars in them so I am always working on jackstands in the driveway in the winter.

Totally worth the cheap price, someone should pick this up.

CL guy was supposed to pick it up for $30 today around 1. I txt him at 2:30 and he says, “still interested, just real busy. Will be in touch”. Fucking craigslist.

I’ll take it for $30 cash. Tomorrow some time after dinner work for you?

Would need to be later tonight since I’m going to Rochester right after work to pick up a snowmobile. PM me your number and I’ll txt you when I’m getting close to home.

i will take this if it is still available willing to pick up whenever

Promised it to TradersBASE for $30 and I’m going to get a hold of him when I get home tonight. If that falls through it’s yours.

Won’t fall through. I hate flakers. :wink:

Sounds good.

I would suggest when you get it to put just a little bit of fresh fuel in it, set it outside, and let it run on high until it burns itself out. That “dry burn” is what cleans the wick and I used to do it once a season the first time I used it. This season I didn’t use it so it hasn’t been done.

Thanks for the tip. I have to go to Lowes to snag some stuff and will get a container and fresh Kero on the way. How’s the wick…still good I assume or will I need to replace it ya think?

I assume it’s good but I’ll be honest here and say I wouldn’t know how to tell. It’s worked fine for me with nice even flame and I never used it much. Plus I did the dry burn once a year which is good for cleaning the wick.

Don’t grab a container just yet unless you want two since since the one pictured is going with it. There’s about 2" of kero in it that I would probably just dump but if you were going to fill it with fresh it would probably fine to mix it.