Kill Switch

Hey guys,
I wanna put in a kill switch and will be tapping into one of the wires on the ECU harness so i ask you this…

Look at pic first (thanks sequence-garage.com)
http://www.sequence-garage.com/forums/uploads/post-13-1099324851.gif

Now I know i can cut the 104 wire and put a switch there to stop the fuel pump form working but, I wanna stop the starter from going on so should I cut 34 and put the switch there? or cut 36 and put the switch there?
Also, if I put the switch on 36 and leave it off will the ECU just completely ignore the fact that the key is on the “ON” position?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you’re going to just kill the startere, don’t tap the ECU output. What I do for Ign Kill on my alarms is put a relay on the starter lead off the steering harness. so do the same, and find a good hiding place for the switch. :slight_smile: that’s all the info you get. all you need a 1 bosch 5 pin relay and a switch.

the ignition wiring and ECU wiring are for the most part seperate, you can get the car to turn over with no ECU.

all that start signal does is let the ECU know the car is in start mode and to dump an insane amount of fuel.

as mentioned, a “kill switch” is based to be placed inline with the ignition signal coming off of the steering column,

although, I prefer to have the actual relay under hood and the switch hidden in the car, far from the ignition wire.

if you say, for example, cut the ignition wire 3" from the keyhole and place a relay there… well… it doesn’t take a lot of time to rip out the relay and put the ignition back together.

does that diagram work for the 89-90 240sx? or is that only for the 91-94?

Thank you

Thanks for the detailed info

I believe it is a SR20 diagram actually

111 turbo controller solenoid.

yeah, I’d say it’s an SR :wink: