Kill Switch question

Hey folks.

With my FMIC set up in the works my battery is going to the trunk, the only question i have is how does the kill switch get hooked up @ the rear of the car? because killing the battery doesn’t kill the car as it keeps running off the alternator. I know some people out there must be running kill switches for racing and just looking for advice.

thanks,
Fitzy

I have a question about that then too…If the kill switch doesnt shut off all electrical power in the car… then what is it good for?

^^ I would imagine that you would require a longer cable that runs to the back…nothing more than that…no clue as to whats actually needed 8).

Take it Easy

Drag rice

you can have it wired so only certain things receive constant power… like stereo etc . so u dont have to set your radio stations and clock everytime u flick the damn switch.

there was a thread about this long time ago and the whole install process was briefly explained.

intercept the ignition wire running off your steering column.

once the ign. 12v drops the car shuts off, but the battery is still connected so you don’t have to reset your stereo / set off your alarm if you have one / just be annoying.

so instead of [key hole on steering column] ----------> ECU

you’ll have

key hole on steering column] ----> [my handy switch] ------> ECU

which wire it is, I have no clue, just use a multimeter and see which wire jumps to 12v after you put the car in the “on” position.

done and done.