kinda gaining interest in small turbo'ed cars (civic)

so i rode in a turbo hatch today… and…althought it looks like a match box car.and rides like a go cart from darien lake…im kinda in love… i would like to find one…like a civic or maybe a integra or something along those lines… my pref car would be becks… it its very clean and is pretty quick… any one know anyone who is sellin? Also,what should I look for… and i want it to be a daily driver…so i dont want to be fixin shit all the time…

:slight_smile:

You shoulda seen her out and about tonight.

Racing fox body’s from digs and shit.

She did good.

As far as you’re concerned. Make decent power, but don’t go crazy. Because if you are using it as a DD, you don’t want crazy power, and a uncomfortable clutch/flywheel combo.

I like the D-series, cause as you can see, it pulls pretty good, even against domestics, and its crazy easy/cheap to build, work on, and fix.

I’ll look on Honda-Tech for ya.

:tup:

i like sports

What the fuck No i don’t

little responsive cars > big heavy cars…even if you have more power, its just more fun IMO

I dunno dude, DD and turbo project car should typically not be one in the same if you have anywhere important to get to on a daily basis. But like Beck said and proves daily, if you aren’t too greedy power-wise and it gets built right then it can work out OK, but I still wouldn’t do it. :gotme:

You also drive a Jetta. What do you know?

:stuck_out_tongue:

this is a very good point

well, there is a green bone stock hatch for sale on angle road here in west seneca, and i just helped a friend do a GSR swap yesterday…guess what motor he pulled out…d16z6 vtec. he is selling the motor and this hatch i speak of is an old mans’s car and the rear fender/quarters are SLIGHTLY rusting. in great shape otherwise.

d16z6 turbo man, theres a great opportunity there. how much does he want for that motor btw?

the thing is…im not to inclined on the whole motor swap… i mean I know aobut cars but i deff could not swap an entire motor with out help… basicly what i am lookin for is an already turbo’ed hatch…i would like it to be quick…but also reliable…

swapping the motor on that is easier then easy. anyone who is handy with a wrench could do it, seriously.

he wants $400 for the motor he also has the tranny and computer but thats extra. it has 213k miles on it though, so its almost useless unless its being rebuilt with forged internals anyway

not to go off topic, but without a tranny and with the mileage that seems steep.

Haha I know what it’s like to have a DD with questionable reliability, so I’m trying to spare him the pain. :smiley:

then hes asking too much.

a good d16 long block and trans together are only worth 500-800

what motor was in ur/now beck’s hatch?

stock a6 block, stock z6 head
eagle rods, and vitara pistons

^^thats a solid setup

uhm, its stock more or less… minus the rods, and the pistons being cryo’d

from what i understand the a6 block with a vtec head holds boost really well. for compression reasons maybe?