knocking !!!!!!!!!! BADDDD sr20 redtop

ok guys now that ive got ur attention hers is my problem a week and a half ago my motor started knocking but it seems to be alot worse at idle then it will go to 0 while im driving at low rpms and at night its 0 all the time. Today in the mid day heat it went up to 42!! on my SAFC II. im trying to think of things ive changed that may have caused this.

1. my timing go messed up trying to fix another problem then my mech fixed it (240 expert) . knock was fine after that tho for a bit.

2. My mech put in some NGK Plugs heat range 8 .

3. Adjusted my fuel pressure reg. (He set it 30) .

4. changed my B.O.V to a greddy type rs!? (i think ) lol

Ps: he said it needs tuning… i dont know if to argue that point and say its the timing.

1. I found out that my wideband is hooked to an o2 sensor that is located in my exhaust pipe behind my flex pipe so could i be getting a false reading on my A/F gauge that would cause me to lean it out too much ?? If so why would it start recently…
    Help me please im … im… :cry:

Heat range 8? Sounds a little extreme.
Also 30psi static fuel pressure? That’s pretty low.

considering the 30+ degree weather we had today you should expect the knocks readings to go up a little. I don’t know what the safe amount of knock would be on the safc but i highly doubt its anything too serious. If your actually getting audible knock then you’ve got trouble. On very hot days like today i usually register high 20’s knock on my safc2 but in the evenings when the temp starts dropping i get 0.
What is everyone else with safc’s registering for knock on hot days?

I dont know whether this is true or not but I do remember reading somewhere that because of the location of the knock sensors on SRs or how they work on an SR ? seems to read in-correctly with an SAFC

Can anyone confirm that ?

First off do NOT use the knock reading function on your SAFCII, its useless.

There is a reason the new SAFC Neo doesnt have knock control. APEXi knew it didnt work so they axed it.

umm… my knock on my safc goes around avg 70-80

death?

:shock: ahahah Death…!!! that would scare me tho … but thats just me. I was scared at 42 :cry:

been driving at 40-50 for a year now :stuck_out_tongue: