knocking some rust off

went up to the track w/ heather’s old civic. stock h swap, dc header, a jeff special cat back. best i could do is 14.8. i seem to not like 4th gear. i cant find the bitch at speed. my 14.8 i missed going into 4th twice. my 2nd and last run, i did it again, butchering 4th shift. i seriously may be able to run the track w/ 3 gears if i shift a little higher.

regardless, the car needs a h2b setup, i hate the notchy h shifters. and i need more seat time on the drag strip. im rusty

it is fun to start running cars again even if they are slow lol
better than being in the stands. congrats for getting feet wet again!!

we will be running this friday if you want to go with us

what time are you leaving? may have my girlfriends dad go w/ me. take the g/f’s e63 amg benz and his new m3 to run.

think we are gonna leave earlier in day since they close at dark. TNT is from 2-dark
it is only about 45-50 mins from me. you could show up at 6 and still make 10 runs if you wanted

when did you go? last night?

my buddy took my car to the track last night. his best was 12.30@116 he never even drove the car. Its a stock ls i am going to rock it like that for a while just to have fun again. this 400+hp shit is getting expensive!!

yeah, i seen Ryan there w/ ur car. o talked to him at teh end of the night before i left. trying to get him to come back and rally cross ")

I think I’m going Friday too.

Shitbox + 100 shot + DR’s = make sure you bring the spare axles :slight_smile:

where is it at? Maybe i will come out???

Sailor, do you know what you’re 1/8th was?

2.318 60
6.4283 330
9.6772 1/8
75.6 1/8 mph
12.5050 1000
14.8844 1/4
91.89 1/4 mph

car was ran same way it sits on the street. nothing changed or done. i could see 60ty times coming down some more w/ seat time, like a 2.0-2.1 range. i still am not sure where to launch at and where to shift. tach goes to 8k, engine spins higher. and 3k slip it cut the 2.3 60ty. tried slipping it higher and wheel hopped the fuck on the 2nd run, getting a 2.4 60ty w/ the dash feeling like it was going to fall into my lap. not getting serious w/ the car, it is a daily. not a race car. although if the b trans goes in, then so will some other n/a goodies. that is up to my roommate.

sailor you still working up in moon twp / stoops ferry?

I sent you a PM: bgblockelcamino knows more about the location. I may tell my current employer to go f*@! themselves and race all day from 2 to whenever. old school style.

For reference with your run (stock H22 in my EK hatch, first time on a track), I pulled 9.2 1/8ths on bad street tires, launching just under 5k, shifting @ 8k. I’ve seen a lot of people say that H22’s quit breathing over 8k, but I haven’t been on a dyno or seen a decent sheet to show that.

where does your v-tec come on at? w/ this car, it is not until 5500 rpms. i think that is hurting some-- could probably come in high 4k’s. i know i got room on the 60 foot to improve. what type of 60’s were you getting? i was still at full tire pressure, quickie burnout just to get the water off. could proably come up higher on my launch. 3k ran the 2.3, 4k did a 2.4 wheel hoping. maybe 5k will will have the best of both worlds, some hop but hook and go.

its an 1/8 mile track huh?

Yes!

1/8 ftl

I assume that h22 has its correct h22 trans? out of all the h’s i’ve worked with, i’ve never had any 4th gear engagment problems. What I believe helps the shifting is to strap the cables down in the most places you can. Usually civic h22 swaps you loose that rear crossmember cable mount that accords and ludes come with.

I’m still firmly against H2B… I’ve had just as many B trans problems as H’s, so all that money for the kit isnt worth it to me.

Do you have IAB still running on the swap? that has a little to with making power in a lower vtec engagement. I ususally setup the butterflys to straight vacuum so they are open with WOT. Move the vtec down and your power will come in better at the crossover.

making 10 passes and having fun > than sitting hoping to make at least 2 passes

Sailor, talk to me about Rally Cross? Where and when? Rules?