L67 swap into a Monte Carlo

anyone have any information on this swap???

i am looking on www.l67swap.com

btw, the L67 is the 3800 S/C motor in the GTP

sell it as is and get rid of the hassels

i dont have the money to do payments on a new car, and selling it i wouldnt get shit. it blue books at $2500 with no mechanical problems… which it has

Fire

if i could drive it away from my house to burn it…

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/loxwood/38/play.jpg

Beavis: Yeah. Huh-huh. Fire! Fire! Fire!

So what’s the coolest thing you’ve ever burned?

Butt-Head: Uh… Beavis’s Monte Carlo. Huh-huh.

Beavis: Yeah, that was pretty cool. Huh-huh. It smelled cool, too.

Why was that so cool?

Butt-Head: It was like, unexpectant? We were torching a June bug with a can of Lysol and a lighter, and it ended up burning Beavis’s Monte Carlo. Huh-huh, huh-huh. It was like a bonus.

Beavis: Huh-huh. I burned my bonus.

what is wrong with it? a head gasket, if that take the time you now have and change it…im just guessing on the head gasket

doesnt have reverse, overdrive, the trans fluid is burnt, when the car idles the tranny clicks, and it wont shift out of 1st when it’s in drive.

It will rev to about 5k then pop into neutral or else just hit rev limiter. have to come to complete stop to get it to catch again after it pops out of gear

Monte Carlo top speed 25mph

and a rebuilt tranny is AT LEAST $1500 depending where i get it from

a series 2 l67 mated to a 4t60e is not a good idea to say the least. you would either have to beef the tranny up or swap in a 4t65e

you are saying what i have now is a 4t60e??

and the 4t65e is the trans from the GTPmotor?

my tranny is shot anyway so it doesnt matter

clubgp.com

you need a better tranny, i would wait untill you break the montes first though.

it did break. thats why im considering this

yeah really… i guess people didn’t read the whole, “only has first” “top speed 25 mph” “pops into neutral or hits rev limiter”

:stupid:

Chad…try www.clubgp.com,alot of people ahve done this swap as well as other l7 swaps in different cars,alot of fiero,s n a few montys too,you,ll find alot of usefulkl knowledge for what your looking for.

thanks devin

Any time,and if you have any questions about the L67 just shoot me a pm or call my cell. :bigthumb: O and it,s www.clubgp.com not the other link i put up.

i repeat

If you have the money and know how I say go for it. I like my L67 in my car. With $90 I made it a lot more fun to drive.

l67 is a fun motor as i am learning…its fun too cause i got a 4 door gtp!! people think 4 door =slow…not bad for a daily!!