Lake Placid featured in Maxim.

I remember recently reading about Lake Placid/White face being featured in Maxim as one of the top 4 affordable vacation resort spots.

That’s quite an accomplishment that makes me want to head up there to see what it’s all about. IIRC, they said it was under 100$ a night to be in their lodge, mountain pass included overlooking a lake.

Bargain comes to mind, especially when a Ski ticket itself is typically $60+ now days and you’d get to spend more time on a mountain this way. :ponder

Anybody have ever stayed up there?

I went up there when I was younger and walked the bobsled track. We went during the summer.

I’m not usually the one to bust on you, but thanks PJB for the comment :rofl

How was it? How is the resort location? What is there to do in the local town if anything?

I mean it’s an Olympic park, so bob sleds, high jumps etc are all fair game.

I’d look into the snowmobile trails, I’m sure there are miles upon miles of them up there with plenty of rentals available. Sounds fun.

Whiteface = motha-fawking wind. If you can deal with that it’s good otherwise.

LP is one of my alltime favorite places to be. Adirondacks in general, just epic. so much awe inspiring scenery, of which most is never seen by even a dedicated tourist.

I love going on bike rides through the Adirondacks myself, as you’ve said it’s overwhelming and awe inspiring. Plus a nice seasonal vacation town of Lake George is conveniently there.

Route 10 FTW.

“Iceface” :lol

The rumor goes it was build on the wrong side (wind side) and they just never cared to change it, figuring nobody would notice.

yeeeeaaaaah. :lol Ever seen a good picture of skiing on whiteface?

Yea it’s always been icy when I have been there. Not sure how true this is but I heard they just opened up another side of the mountain? Less windy? I haven’t been there in prolly 3-4 years. Lake Placid itself I always have a blast in it seems. Even though it’s icy I don’t mind the mountain either.

From what I remember theres alot of little stores in town, kinda like the ones in downtown Saratoga. We stayed at a Howard Johnson hotel.
Most of what we did involved the Olympic stuff and we went to Whiteface (in the car, not climbing).
I was around 13 so I dont remember a whole lot.

Vlad, if you’ve never skiied Whiteface before and they have them open, make sure you ski/ride the Clouds run. They don’t typically have it open. The last time I went and stayed over for the weekend up there was in March and they just happened to have that run open.

White Face and me have a love/hate relationship. That’s where I broke my collarbone two years ago.

Never really minded going, then again I’m not too picky on conditions.