Lancaster Raceway Park - back in 08 ?

[quote=“bracketracer,post:18,topic:35857"”]

I tend to disagree here. In my experience, an outlaw (Non-NHRA/IHRA sanctioned) track can do quite well if promoted well. When I was living in East Tennessee, I had 4 of these tracks within an hour drive of my house. 3 of them did quite well for themselves, and were still able to pay out decent money. When I was racing 3x/weekend back then, the winners purse in the footbrake classes at two of those tracks were between 7-900 to win on any given night. During a special event, it was 1500. Electronics classes typically paid double the footbrake class winnings. Also, there was round money paid after the 2nd round won. Everybody was happy, and track owners made a decent living. Now, the tracks weren’t works of art, but the facilities were definitely useable.

Then I moved out to Salt Lake, where there was this gorgeous NHRA-sanctioned track. Payout for Heavy…250 bucks. Biggest purse I ever won out there was 500.

I’d take a little 1/8th or 1/4 mile outlaw track any day…as long as it’s promoted right, and nobody is looking to make a killing doing so.

[/quote]

Hows the weather in “East Tennessee” ?

How long is the racing season?

4 tracks? So obviously there is a large enough number of people to support all 4 of those tracks…

The weather for the most part isn’t great around here…There is a short racing season…We have 1 track that does meh…

I lived in Texas for a while and the whole drag racing mentality is different out there(south)…Any night of the week they were open they would get a huge turn out…