Ssssssssssssss?

You talkin to me??? just wondering.

Jeeez. lol Welcome back sista.

Spinning a bearing usually takes out the crank, the rod its attached to, if its a main it takes out the block. Either way, it isnt running, so its “blow up”. And it more than likely will take the same ammount of parts, if done correctly to rebuild a motor the same way one would if they grenaded a piston or snapped a rod. All the shit above the block comes off, and all the shit bellow it comes off to do it right.

Blown up is blown up, $5 rod bearing or a $500 piston, doesnt really matter.

Most likely correct, spinning a bearing is a physical failure thing in my eyes… and if they had oiling problems from the get go, that failed as bad as you say they do 8K, 50K what ever… GM should have recalled the shit. And if you knew it was a problem, why not replace it PRIOR to doing anything to the car, $500 oil pump or what ever it is would be a 1 hr fix, not a 1 week turnaround on machine work for the cranks &/or block and alot more in parts.

Easy fix, glad to see your up to the challenge… I have a 1.8t passat sitting in my drive way now too you can give me a hand on, just broke a timing belt… no big deal, easy fix! GL even getting to the damn $80 belt, let alone replacing the head because of the bent valves, gl getting the head off too… Easy fix and repairing any motor issue POST 1970 just dont go hand and hand.