Lancaster Raceway Park - back in 08 ?

It’s been a big discussion on my site. But here is the letter that was given out last week at Lancaster Raceway Park

Discuss…

Dear Competitors, Crew, and Fans,

It is with regret that I need to inform you that I do not intend to operate Lancaster Raceway Park in 2008, unless there is a change in ownership or finances. I am letting everyone know this now, as my only concern is to make sure that Lancaster continues to be open and operational in 2008 and beyond.

As most of you already know, my partner and I have placed the property and Lancaster Raceway Park up for sale.

Anyone interested in the following, please call me: investing, purchasing either part of or the entire property, or leasing the facility. I am very optimistic that someone, or some group, will step forward and either assist me, or, do this on their own terms.

This is not the end or the closing of Lancaster Raceway, but a chance for a new beginning. I believe we (the staff, officials, maintenance, and everyone involved with LRP) have done everything physically and financially possible for the past four years to keep this great facility open, and believe that with the right investors, partners, or new ownership, LRP can and should be taken to the next level.

I am asking everyone’s help in spreading this information, in hopes of a response from the right person or group. You can reach me at the track office anytime, 716-759-6818, to answer any questions or to discuss more details.

I will follow up with more details and information in the following weeks.

Thank you,

Jim Reid

Crosses fingers for a 1/4 mile!

There isn’t the land…we go over this all the time…

good that place is a toilet

GROUP BUY ??

just because you ran shit times doesent make it a toilet

Meh NYI has been “for sale” for a while now also.

But unlike NYI Lancaster can actually make money

After talking with Bob at NYIRP…Jim Ried has apparently paid a visit to him…asking him to buy lancaster to eliminate the competition, to which bob replied “what competition?”

LOL…

not looking good for lanscaster…but i hear rumors of a few guys being REALLY close to building a 1/4 mile track in the angola area…they are shooting for 08 if they can get the last bit of money funded.

NYI could make some $$ if they invested in the fascilities to bring the track/stands and support structures back up to date… (ie new pit area behind bleachers)

lol i always ran shitty times, but my shitty times were still better than your best times :slight_smile:

http://users.adelphia.net/~cdabable/toilet.gif

In so many ways.

I really would like to see the place fixed up I used to love running there years ago. But between the poor condition of the track, the “hump” and a bunch of other issues I have a hard time seeing it happen, which is a shame.

I do hope something happens though, seeing as it’s one of the few local tracks around here.

Its not that easy…

NYI is a fucking DUMP compared to major tracks…It would take so much money to attract profitable races.

The starting line was fixed…

What other issues? :lol:

Lancaster turns a profit because of Circle track/drag…

No events goto NYI because it sucks…

hell yeah justin, very much so, i mean look at columbus. that track is what all tracks should be.

Funny, it still seemed to be an issue when I was there a few weeks ago in the right lane?

Or maybe I thinking of the wrong thing, but the staging lane is still not level. And the oval is also is pretty beat up condition last I seen.

And blah blah blah you can’t get traction there…

And blah blah blah its only a 1/8th mile…

I foresee a developer buying it, leveling it, and making it into housing sub divsions.

I tend to disagree here. In my experience, an outlaw (Non-NHRA/IHRA sanctioned) track can do quite well if promoted well. When I was living in East Tennessee, I had 4 of these tracks within an hour drive of my house. 3 of them did quite well for themselves, and were still able to pay out decent money. When I was racing 3x/weekend back then, the winners purse in the footbrake classes at two of those tracks were between 7-900 to win on any given night. During a special event, it was 1500. Electronics classes typically paid double the footbrake class winnings. Also, there was round money paid after the 2nd round won. Everybody was happy, and track owners made a decent living. Now, the tracks weren’t works of art, but the facilities were definitely useable.

Then I moved out to Salt Lake, where there was this gorgeous NHRA-sanctioned track. Payout for Heavy…250 bucks. Biggest purse I ever won out there was 500.

I’d take a little 1/8th or 1/4 mile outlaw track any day…as long as it’s promoted right, and nobody is looking to make a killing doing so.

Hows the weather in “East Tennessee” ?

How long is the racing season?

4 tracks? So obviously there is a large enough number of people to support all 4 of those tracks…

The weather for the most part isn’t great around here…There is a short racing season…We have 1 track that does meh…

I lived in Texas for a while and the whole drag racing mentality is different out there(south)…Any night of the week they were open they would get a huge turn out…

True…all damn good points, and something that never entered my mind.

Yep, I think we started racing in March, and I distinctly remember running some test N tunes into November there.

And yes, I do agree that the racing mentality is a LOT different down South. For some folks, me included, it was just part of the monthly budget (both income and expenses), meaning, in essence, it was part of day to day life.