Lancaster to stay open with big changes.

Sports section in todays Buff News. Track will be renamed Dunn Tire Raceway Park! Ralph Galluzzi is back! I won’t put in all the details but it’s good news for those of us who like to race somewere nice & close. Wants to open a 1/4 mile track in the Southtowns just for drags in the near future & keep Lanc for the roundies. Come on Summer!

this would all be sweet, but the legislation associated with a 1/4 mile says we wont be getting one.

maybe we could get lucky?

would make sense…there are PLENTY of us here, and maybe if we had a local enough track it would cut down on the races that occur on public roads that they try so hard to catch us all on.

Pffttt… everyone knows doing things legally is super lame. :stuck_out_tongue:

Would be cool though, nice to know it will still be around. :slight_smile:

I’d be there every week lol.

Hope they pave the infield and add a couple turns so it can be used in a Roval configuration too. I know the guys from 24 Hours of LeMons are looking for new venue’s in the east.

fix the damn track and return roads… getting a flat on brand new Mickeys because there were little stones everywhere wasnt cool

lol the new owner is trying to open a 1/4 mile in southtowns also. Lancaster is still a shithole, cant polish a turd!!!

I am trying to figure out if this is a joke.

Always good to hear when a motorsports track survives.

oh the “dragstrip in Angola” again perhaps? :blah::blah::blah::blah:

lol yeah i know, never gunna see it.

my bro text’d me with the news this morning, good to hear :tup: Lancaster needs work but its still very convienent for me, i will be there.

They are also changing the classes up on friday nights. Pro will be combined with Super Pro and renamed Top. Street and Heavy will be combined and renamed Mod. And bikes and sleds will be combined. Payouts will be bigger :tup: I like it :evil:

Mike

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

Sure ya can, its just that the rag will get all crappy & smelly!!

ehh I was never big on the 8th…

wonder if they will fix the lanes so you don’t roll back anymore

I think they did last year. Tore up the entire staging lanes, repaved, level this time!

I was still rolling while staging last year.

Where would the 1/4 go? I thought the main reason for it never becoming a reality around here is the lack of room away from rural areas.

I don’t mind 1/8th, I just like to practice my reaction and 60ft times for when I have a real car worth running.

Nope.

How is that good news? Besides it staying open…

What money did Ralph put into it last time he owned it :lol:

Oh, and they REALLY need to fix the return road. I was bottoming out HARD. my car is slammed lol.

alot of the small rocks from the return road were getting stuck in the slicks i ran the one time