Lancaster Raceway Park - back in 08 ?

Yes I loved racing in Texas…It was always one town vs another and not so much in fighting between people on forums…

Not to mention people would race win/lose for fun with out a lot of bullshit

fuck I should move back…

i was staged in the right lane a couple times saturday, and yes…i rolled backward…was a pain in the ass…

also, aside from being bumpy as shit, the braking zone at the end of the strip is way too short…

i was one of the slower cars there and i really had to get on them to slow down in time to make the right turn at the end of the track…i can’t imagine the feeling that some guys running 5’s there get when they’re going 100+ mph, in a car with hardly any tire up front, on a bumpy ride, with limited space to slow down considerably…

i’m not an expert when it comes to judging track by any means, but IMO it’s got a shit load of room for improvement at Lancaster.

Again…

I didn’t realize it takes a 300zx so long to slow down from 75mph

Drag cars doing 120+ in the 1/8th stop there no problem…

The only time I have really seen cars have a slowing down issue…are jet draggsters…I guess the 300zx is just as fast?

Its always amateur people who bitch the most about lancaster…

what do you expect? a one mile run out to coast so that you don’t have to use your brakes?

:loopie:

I have been at a 1/4 track before…that has just a little more then the shut down room of Lancaster…and the turn at the end is banked :lol:

fuck I should move back…

then how would the sabres move on without u there.

Don’t be jealous :nono:

Seems to be more than ample room there for cars that are plenty faster. Do JDM Supercars not come with brakes or something? :wink:

that may be true but even with you behind the wheel your car weighed 2000 lbs less then my truck

ahhaahah

lol dude i worked for rick martin for 6 years, not jealous at all.

:slight_smile:

yep i was talking to a few officials and jim there saturday he said they are unsure of what they are doing and one of the terms there trying to work in is that they keep the current staff, also yes 1/4 mile wont work they only own 100 ft past the turn around road at the end of the track i hope it gets fixed up some and stays open

yes its on a slight upslope the official there was telling me and my buddie about it because his truck is stick and he said that he might have to hold his brake at the start

you were probably staying in it till the signs the actual 1/8th mile ends way before that , thats another thing the guy talked about there people staying on it too long then not being able to stop and going into the grass(if u looked there were skidmarks going to the grass) he said they were going to start announceing it because people were thinking the 1/8th mile went to the signs that display the times which it dosnt so idk what your stopping issue was, i barely had to hit the brakes and my times werent far from yours

compared to big tracks (Norwalk comes to mind), yeah, NYIRP is a dump, but for what we have here, it is paradise compared to lancaster. With lancaster, its no so much the facility (which does need some attention) as it is the ignorant staff and the entire mentality there. It makes it unenjoyable to say the least…and you pay more at lancaster than NYIRP…not to mention, there is no bad view, or bad seat in the house at NYIRP…90% of lancaster has to be seen through a fence.

I have yet to go to NYIRP and not gotten a “hello how are you” or a “thanks for coming”. That alone to me is worth the extra hike out there. if NYIRP would put up concrete barriers, he could get some national events there very easily…which brings in tons of dough, which brings upgrades etc. But he wont do it. Is he crazy…sure he is. BUT he likes it that way…he wants it to be a “racers track”…for the people…not for national attention.

I agree 100%,I know quite a few friday racers and stock car guys that have gotten screwed over.That would explain the terrible car counts on a friday,a few years back they struggled to finish before 11pm,now they finish at 9/10pm.

Norwalk always comes to my mind when thinking about the “perfect” racing facility. I’ve raced there once, and remember being greeted one morning by Bill Bader bringing bagels and whatnot to us lowly Stock and Super Stock racers.

However, agreed that NYIRP will never be “that” place, and I for one, am ok with that.

have you been to norwalk recently?? after the 6+ million dollars upgrades since summit got involved?..we were walking on the track at the 1/8th mile to greet john force a couple months ago, and if you stood still for more than 3 seconds, you were NOT moving lol. outstanding facility. and, 1 lb of ice cream for $1. lol. going again for the holoween shootout they are having next month.

Yeah, my wife and I went there for the NHRA National a couple of months ago. Upgrades were amazing. The last time I’d been there as a racer was…hell…in 96-97? We’ll definitely be going again next year. Maybe this time, rent an RV.

Lancaster has more money making events for sure…but it needs some good investments to really make it work for them… 1/4 would help them alot too, but thats out of the question. 1/4 in angola would rock!